PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ThumbCal Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32621)

Acedooncoon 07-21-2008 09:07 PM

ThumbCal Question

I would like to start off by saying..Im sure that this question has probably come up before...But I cant find it on here so I thought I'd ask anyways...So here goes...

Is there anyway that I can replace my current calendar with the app. "Thubmbcal"..I actually like that one a better..I just came across it a few days ago but cant figure out how to set it as my "default" calendar..If anyone can help me with that it will be great. Thanks a bunch...

Reef48 07-21-2008 11:31 PM

Re: ThumbCal Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acedooncoon (Post 355836)
I would like to start off by saying..Im sure that this question has probably come up before...But I cant find it on here so I thought I'd ask anyways...So here goes...

Is there anyway that I can replace my current calendar with the app. "Thubmbcal"..I actually like that one a better..I just came across it a few days ago but cant figure out how to set it as my "default" calendar..If anyone can help me with that it will be great. Thanks a bunch...

Do a search for keyswap, which allows you to change your softkeys. Usually your softkey are calender and contacts. Its a simple and free program. Its what i use. There are many different softkey changers out there. I would upload the cab for you, but im on my touch, and on vacation. :) Thumbcal is a sweet program.

Acedooncoon 07-22-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef48 (Post 356028)
Do a search for keyswap, which allows you to change your softkeys. Usually your softkey are calender and contacts. Its a simple and free program. Its what i use. There are many different softkey changers out there. I would upload the cab for you, but im on my touch, and on vacation. :) Thumbcal is a sweet program.

Thanks for replying...but I aready know how to remap my soft keys..actually I have my soft keys uaed for contacts and SMS..I have prog for changing my soft keys..but wat I wanna do is get rid of the old cal. All 2gwlether and ONLY have Thumbcal..I was thinkin of jus deleting the old file(s) and renaming Thumbcal "Calendar"..I think it would replace it but I dont wanna do that and end up messing up my phone to the point where I have to do a hard reset..u know..Im sure theres a way to do it..jus have to find out who knows and how it can be done...but thanks anyway

arparent 07-22-2008 08:53 AM

Calendar is an embedded part of windows mobile. You can hide it, but you can't get rid of it.

Reef48 07-22-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arparent (Post 356282)
Calendar is an embedded part of windows mobile. You can hide it, but you can't get rid of it.

Excatly.

Och 07-22-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acedooncoon (Post 355836)

You can set it to be the default calander in the registry. Set

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCALENDAR\1 to
"\Program Files\ThumbApps\ThumbCal\ThumbCal.exe"

I didn't figure it out, someone else did, but it works.