PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

funkybottoms is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LCD Scratch

So I just received my replacement phone from Sprint. I was cleaning the screen and notice that I have a nice size scratch running along the left side of the screen. I really don't want to send my phone back to sprint to have it repaired. So I was wondering does anyone have a proven fix it for this problem?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
Re: LCD Scratch

I too have this issue. I really think we are out of luck.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

toothpaste an wet terrcloth towel worked for me. softest cloth you have. goodluck
Old 07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by varaff View Post
I too have this issue. I really think we are out of luck.
No not really, my co worker told about about this stuff he saw on TV that repairs scratches, but I am very hesitant about it, plus I want to find out if there is a cheaper way to repair it. I found the product my co worker was talking about on ebay. I still don't know if it will fix the problem or make it worst.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=011
Old 07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if you try toothpaste post if it works. i also just tried car wax an old phone with a scratch and that worked also. whipe in small circles with soft cloth.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if you try toothpaste post if it works. i also just tried car wax an old phone with a scratch and that worked also. whipe in small circles with soft cloth.

what does the toothpaste act as a filler? I am looking for long term fix, I dont want something that will work until I clean the screen the next time
Old 07-21-2008, 06:42 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there is a web address on here somewhere that you can order yourself a replacement phone so you wont have to send yours back first. You would recieve one UPS i believe then you would send yours back in the prepaid box. Any of the above methods will void any Service and Repair or Manufacturers warranties(speaking as a service tech) I will try and find the link for you. BTW it would be handled by Sprints Service and Repair Program if applicable

EDIT-i found the thread but the actual link is broken due to the fact Sprint moved some websites behind a firewall maybe there is some other information in it that might help:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...anced+exchange

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 07-21-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:47 PM
acs tester

toothpaste isnt a long term fix, lasts about 3weeks. you can also buy just a screen if you want longterm fix.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
there is a web address on here somewhere that you can order yourself a replacement phone so you wont have to send yours back first. You would recieve one UPS i believe then you would send yours back in the prepaid box. Any of the above methods will void any Service and Repair or Manufacturers warranties(speaking as a service tech) I will try and find the link for you. BTW it would be handled by Sprints Service and Repair Program if applicable

EDIT-i found the thread but the actual link is broken due to the fact Sprint moved some websites behind a firewall maybe there is some other information in it that might help:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...anced+exchange
Yea I dont want to send my phone back in to that place, it cost me $50 bucks. I think I just might call my local store and see if the can just replace my screen in store

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan