PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VERY slow internet speed

any idea why my internet speed is so slooooooow? i'm running DCD 3.3.4 with radio 3.42.50 on sprint. i got this speed using WMWifirouter .91 in my lenovo T60.

i tested a few months ago and although i don't remember my exact setup, it wasn't much different. i remember getting an average 800 down and 300up. my up is still good but my download is terrible. i ran the test 5 times and it's about the same. i know i'm in rev a because there's no way to get that up with out rev a. so what's the problem. any ideas?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: VERY slow internet speed

network congestion in your area??
Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

try calling your Sprint CSRs and reports it and troubleshoot.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

How much signal you got? plus are you in a good location? and last but not least, how is the internet speed on the phone itself?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Not sure if this applies to your current setup, but if you're running and older version of "spb gprs monitor", it'll cut your data speeds in half. Just a thought. dschoenike

Old 11-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

That is really low... Try a soft reset... Maybe that will refresh the phone and give you new values... It seems a soft reset is like the cure for the common cold for the Mogul
Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
How much signal you got? plus are you in a good location? and last but not least, how is the internet speed on the phone itself?
i got 4 bars in evdo (full strength). it was a good location a few months ago. as for the internet on my phone, any real way to benchmark it. it seems fast, but i use opera mini as my main web browser.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Big D's idea of a soft reset would be a good start, also resetup the wifi router with a new ssid and give that a shot.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

speedtest.net having some issues try a diffrent speedtest and look if its the same of diffrent speed

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
speedtest.net having some issues try a different speedtest and look if its the same of different speed
i tried speakeasy.com instead of using WMWifirouter i tethered using my usb cable. it still is pretty bad. all of this after a soft reset.

after 3 tests, my results:

Download Speed: 254 kbps (31.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 274 kbps (34.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 294 kbps (36.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 259 kbps (32.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 238 kbps (29.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 254 kbps (31.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan