PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Play MP3s in Car Stereo?

I was wondering if there was a way to get my car stereo to play MP3s from my phone? My car doesn't have bluetooth nor an Aux IN port so that might hurt but I thought about maybe getting an FM transmitter to see if it works? If so how would I hook it up to my 6800 being there is no speaker port?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work
Re: Play MP3s in Car Stereo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to get my car stereo to play MP3s from my phone? My car doesn't have bluetooth nor an Aux IN port so that might hurt but I thought about maybe getting an FM transmitter to see if it works? If so how would I hook it up to my 6800 being there is no speaker port?
this is a horrible way around this but i have an fm trnasmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter for my ipod that stays in the car constantly. well, i just went to best buy and bought a bluetooth adapter that sits on an ipod dock here... http://www.insignia-products.com/p-3...ker-docks.aspx
like i said, its a horrible work around but the receiver itself is only like 15 bux.

If someone helped you with a problem, hit the thanks button and let them know you appreciate their time.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

your 6800 should have come with a 'Y' shaped adapter. it plugs into the usb port on the bottom of your phone. then it has 2 leads: one for power and one for a 2.5mm headphone jack.

all you need is a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. radio shack has them.

from that you will have the same output as any MP3 player so you can usecheap fm transmitter or tape deck adaptor (if u have a tapedeck)

something like this will work:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

i know u can something cheaper that does the same thing.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Threadstarter

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I don't have a Y shaped adapter. Maybe I can go in and get one?
Old 07-21-2008, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started

Don't know how much you were wanting to spend or if you want an aftermarket CD player in your car but I went with the Sony BT2500 Bluetooth CD player and have absolutely no regrets! I tried some of the FM transmitters and I got crappy audio quality (fuzziness, etc) so I decided to take the plunge on this.

Pretty cheap now...

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...earch%3dbt2500
Old 07-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Threadstarter

Does it have good audio quality through existing speakers? I have an '06 Camry and the sound quality is pretty good. I'm not looking to really change what I got but something like this might not be a bad idea.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

best investment i've made is the Motorola T505 wireless bluetooth fm transmitter... it links with your phone via bluetooth, then sends it through the fm transmitter through your stereo... music AND PHONE CALLS! People hear me clearly even with the windows down cuz the T505 has a built in microphone aswell...

$120... VERY WELL WORTH IT
Old 07-21-2008, 07:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vz6900
Carrier: Verizon

Shadoh is a n00b

I sell and install aftermarket electronics to car dealerships in my area. The wireless FM transmitters are in general CRAP. You will hear it but it will be muddy and full of static at times. If you want to run it through your factory radio get a WIRED fm modulator. One that connects behind the radio and feeds the signal directly into the radio antenna jack. They have line level inputs on them so you can add a cord with your headphone jack on it and have it come out in the glove box or center console.

I got one of these off Ebay last year and love it. Its not cheap but it works fantastic with this phone. I also run my back up camera and video through it (only when Im parked of course ) I have it mounted where my rear view mirror would normally be.

http://www.alpine-canada.com/US-en/p...del=TME-M740BT
Old 07-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
best investment i've made is the Motorola T505 wireless bluetooth fm transmitter... it links with your phone via bluetooth, then sends it through the fm transmitter through your stereo... music AND PHONE CALLS! People hear me clearly even with the windows down cuz the T505 has a built in microphone aswell...

$120... VERY WELL WORTH IT
Does it have an Aux IN?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Does it have an Aux IN?
nope, it connects via bluetooth and then uses the fm transmitter to signal it through your radio... it has a really clean sound, i was SUPER impressed...

the only "plug" it has is to charge it... i use it daily and charge it maybe once a week (5 hour charge)...

Clips on your visor. I keep the plug in the glove box and when it needs to be charged it says "low battery", so i plug it in overnight(luckily my car has a lighterplug that stays active all the time)...

It will also tell you vocally which station is the clearest to tune to. i love this thing.

EDIT: the bluetooth is your phones bluetooth... you don't need it in your car

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan