PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Play MP3s in Car Stereo? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32589)

grstarrett 07-21-2008 10:28 PM

Re: Play MP3s in Car Stereo?

satechi makes a bluetooth fm transmitter that plugs into your cig lghter.
I stream mp3's and sirius thru this . works awesome. do a search on ebay, you can pick one up for like $70 bucks

MrObvious 07-22-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grstarrett (Post 355927)
satechi makes a bluetooth fm transmitter that plugs into your cig lghter.
I stream mp3's and sirius thru this . works awesome. do a search on ebay, you can pick one up for like $70 bucks

I like this better thanks. It might just solve all my problems. When I get a Zune next month (30 GB for $100 woot!) I can either do some kind of streaming radio over my phone like Shoutcast or MP3s over the Zune. It will be sweet once I get it.

JDM_SOHC 10-12-2008 04:00 PM

so they dont sell something like a mini-usb to cigarette lighter type of connector like the iPods..??

MrObvious 10-12-2008 05:17 PM

Are you talking about a car charger? Just get any miniUSB charger (Motorola generic works fine).

lion75y 10-12-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhale83 (Post 355584)
Don't know how much you were wanting to spend or if you want an aftermarket CD player in your car but I went with the Sony BT2500 Bluetooth CD player and have absolutely no regrets! I tried some of the FM transmitters and I got crappy audio quality (fuzziness, etc) so I decided to take the plunge on this.

Pretty cheap now...

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...earch%3dbt2500

or if u wanna spend a little more and even better ill say go with the Sony BT5000 i love that unit.. I use it all the time with my mogul and it works great also it has the microphone built in so u dont have to run an extra wire... the only wire u will have to run is for the auxiliar one but with ur phone dont worry it has bluetooth... but its up to you what u wanna do.. hope it helps :headbang:

quiqnezz 11-13-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 356165)
I like this better thanks. It might just solve all my problems. When I get a Zune next month (30 GB for $100 woot!) I can either do some kind of streaming radio over my phone like Shoutcast or MP3s over the Zune. It will be sweet once I get it.

So how exactly do you stream the music to your radio with this via bluetooth? Do you just connect to the BT FM transmitter using your phone, then just start playing music from your phone and it will play it through your radio? Is there any other software that needs to be installed on your phone in order for this to work?

jmorton10 11-13-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadoh (Post 355707)
I sell and install aftermarket electronics to car dealerships in my area. The wireless FM transmitters are in general CRAP. You will hear it but it will be muddy and full of static at times. If you want to run it through your factory radio get a WIRED fm modulator.

This is right on target. I have tried/used both kinds of FM transmitter. The hard wired ones work perfectly (although they can be kind of a PITA to install in certain vehicles depending on how hard it is to get behind the existing radio). The wireless ones are junk.

~John

jmorton10 11-13-2008 10:32 AM

By the way, I play my Sling Mobile setup through my truck stereo every day.

I stick my Titan into a Proclip car bracket that not only charges the phone but also automatically connects the sound to my killer Eclipse multi-AMP stereo/NAV setup through the aux in (I can A/B back & forth between that & a backup camera)

~John

BigDiesel07 11-13-2008 10:54 AM

So an AUX input is just a 3.5 mm line? Cool.. I might go and buy that 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm conversion..

elmerfudpucker 11-13-2008 11:31 AM

I grabbed a Pioneer p7000bt deck, no regrets. There is a bt sony deck that runs about $170 at best buy but it doesnt have the extras.