PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Animated splash screen help

All,
I need some help in figuring out why my animated splash screen will only play about 3 frames of the gif before it stops and will not play any more. From all of the info that I can find on here no one has run into this. I cooked my ROM with the latest using the PPCKitchen and have NO other problems with the ROM. I have I have tried "moving" the animated gif from one spot to another in side the Kitchen with 0 luck (for those of you who use the kitchen). I know that this should be working and am about to pull my hair out as to the cause of this.

Please SOMEONE help me!!!

Just an FYI, before I cooked this ROM I had the latest ROM with the GPS and the animated gif "Sprint Ahead" work as advertised.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Animated splash screen help

How large is the gif file?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

I had the same problem. I then just used the original default animation option and that solved it
Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
How large is the gif file?
The file that I am trying to use is 48K in size... not that big all said and done. Does that have anything to do with it? I might be able to cut it down in siz a bit...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

No, I don't think that is the problem. Seems like that file is small enough.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Send me the .gif and I will see what I can do with it.
If you have seen me in the other thread talking about the startup animation and the splash screen, I have been working on those things now for about a week non-stop (I even make .cab installers for them).........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Smile Re: Animated splash screen help

Sweet! you'll have to clue me in on how you make such thinks... i've been thinking about doing some stuff, but have no clue how to even start.
Which thread are you talking about? Is there a way that you can link it?

Take a look at the zip file and let me know if there is anything that I might have done wrong... also thanks for all your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip WMStartup_ani.zip (44.0 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Almost a VIP

Here is the thread CyberMonkey is referring: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148
Old 08-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Here is the thread CyberMonkey is referring: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148
Thanks, as soon as I get home from work I will be able to dive into that .gif and see what's up......I will do what I can and make you an easy .cab installer for it.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

I did not get a chance to work on this last night, power outage that lastest all night. But I have been assured by the power company that power will be restored this morning (so tonight after work this is the first thing I will work on).....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan