PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mogul memory

even though i remove programs from my mogul in start:settings:system the cabs still show up in file explorer. is that taking up memory when they're stilll in file explorer? is there a way to permenatley delete them from my device including the file explorer? thanks...
Old 07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: mogul memory

yes while in file explorer on the titan or any other ppc just hold the stylus down on the file it will pop up just like right clicking on a desktop just select the delete option. Or if you can't get that to work just click on the name not the icon for the cab then the lower right hand soft key will pop up a menu for renaming copying/moving and of corse delete.

In the future if you install a cab and don't need to keep the cab file afterwards its a good choice to set the option to delete cab files after install option. Not quite sure where the setting is for that but i'm sure someone else can help you with that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
yes while in file explorer on the titan or any other ppc just hold the stylus down on the file it will pop up just like right clicking on a desktop just select the delete option. Or if you can't get that to work just click on the name not the icon for the cab then the lower right hand soft key will pop up a menu for renaming copying/moving and of corse delete.

In the future if you install a cab and don't need to keep the cab file afterwards its a good choice to set the option to delete cab files after install option. Not quite sure where the setting is for that but i'm sure someone else can help you with that.
Its a registry change, but there are several configuration programs out there that will do it for you easily. I used Schap's Advanced Configuration.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well i installed picsel and then uninstalled it. after that installed the same picsel version but just from a different website. when i opened it up, my favorites that were stored on my uninstalled picsel were still there. that means that my mogul was still holding that memory. how could i completely erase memory like that from the device? thats the main reason that i asked this question. many thanks in advance...
Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

You have to go through and find all of the files one by one and delete them. Or... do a hard reset... that gets rid of everything! Its pretty normal for programs to leave stuff behind after they are removed. I doubt you'll save a whole lot of space by getting every little file. If you're that bothered by it, I suggest a fresh start with a hard reset.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok so it's not going to save me much by deleting the left-over memory? would removing those just be like "picking up every crumb seen on a floor"? if that's the case i just won't mess with it.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc snap

irish_sensation25 is a n00b

u could go to settings>system> remove programs and make sure u remove the correct pixel...then u still might have to remove them from the file explorer

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan