PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 12:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

PineApple Express is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan USB to Plasma TV

MY wife has a question for me. At her place of work they have a 42-inch plasma TV. Her Mogul has sling box and work very well. She was wondering can she use her USB adapter to play from her phone to the plasma TV? So that she can run the sling box and have it display on the TV with out damaging the phone or TV? Anyone ever try this?

Thanks

Chuck
PAE
Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Titan USB to Plasma TV

No, that's not possible with the Mogul. The miniUSB port cannot be used for any sort of video output. I think the new Touch Pro that will be out for Sprint will have "video out." Not sure though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Wow, that's an interesting question. Well, basically what you would need is some sort of mini-USB to TV-out adapter. Also, you would likely need some sort of custom driver that would output the video via the USB port. After some searching, it doesn't appear there is anything for USB, however there is something like this: http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdv.htm that might work for what she wants.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

thomlanphear is just getting started

Since the Mogul comes with powerpoint and it states somewhere that you can do powepoint presentations why wouldn't you be able to configure something using that. Or maybe something with the bluetooth feature with like a playstation3 or something. Just a thought?
Old 07-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Although I don't really have any helpful input, Pineapple Express is going to be a kickass movie!!

Oh and I know there are programs like CEScreenGrab that output your WM's screen to your computer. If you are only doing single screen presentations that could work out ok, but doubtful it'll work for movies very well... There are also some remote control pay services that host from your PDA, but you experience the same problem of screen update speed.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-20-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, as others have already mentioned, there's no "easy" way to do this.

There is a micro-SD card that was advertised to have a video out for a display monitor, but all it really does is send slides from powerpoint presentations, not a true video out.
What you're looking for is something that will display the contents of your device's screen on an external monitor, or at least send streaming video content.

As darkjedi posted before me, there are over-IP screen output apps, and I've actually done some testing and wrote about my experiences with these here:
http://mobile-enthusiast.blogspot.co...teresting.html

I even recorded a video to show how well it played a streaming movie on the host monitor.
Only problem is, you need a computer to receive the signal and send it to the monitor, which sort of defeats the purpose here. You might as well stream the slingbox directly from the pc.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Even if you could get video output to a television, you're blowing up an image that is 320X280 onto a television screen. That combined with the video lag, it would make for a pretty sad image.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

thomlanphear is just getting started

What if you used MyMobile which would show your Mogul screen on a pc and then use the PC to run the TV?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomlanphear View Post
What if you used MyMobile which would show your Mogul screen on a pc and then use the PC to run the TV?
I think the idea is to avoid that and use the mogul directly, I am sure the rest of us would love to get that ability tho!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

PineApple Express is a n00b

Well thanks for all the inputs you guys gave. She works for a large company and they afforded a plasma TV in the break room. But they use a set of rabbit ears for the darn thing. He co worker uses a movie Ipod and they watch cartoons. She was wondering is all. But if anyone finds a easy way chime in. The computer system is not associated with the TV so that is out.

Thanks
Chuck
PAE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan