PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

asanderson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to asanderson
what does it mean!!?!

my mogul's led is red all the time...and it wont go off...the blinking green still blinks but it goes back to red...and when i charge the phone it goes to solid green instead of red...the weird part of it all is even when i turned the phone completely off its still solid red...n wont go off untill i remove the battery...n as soon as i put the battery back in the light comes right on??..can anyone help if they had this problem b4 or can give any solutions
Old 07-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent
Re: what does it mean!!?!

Battery fault... check your battery contacts. Check water damage sticker on battery. How accurate is your battery gauge? Try swapping batteries with a friend with the same phone and see if its still on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

asanderson is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to asanderson

ok..thanks i think that might be it considering it happended today n i was at water amusement park...where do i find the water damage sticker tho..n do u no if this is coverd in an insurance plan??
Old 07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

strawsy is a n00b

Insurance will not cover water damage. Best thing to do is let it dry out completely. Then if the battery is showing the pink bars on the sticker just bleach them with a qtip.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Water Damage will show on the inside of the phone as well if it did indeed occur. Try a different battery to see if it is just a battery issue. If it still doesn't work losing the phone my be a better FRAUDULENT claim than bleaching lol.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

The Sprint insurance covers water damage. I don't know what started the rumors that it does not.

The Sprint TEP program consists of the Service and Repair Program (like an extended warranty; no charge per replacement) and the Equipment Replacement Program (insurance that covers loss, theft, physical damage such as dropping or water damage; $50 per replacement).

Quote:
Equipment Replacement Program: Insurance coverage for lost, stolen or physically damaged devices.
$50 non-refundable deductible applies per approved replacement.
For full terms and conditions, see the Coverage Certificate.

Equipment Service and Repair Program: Provides coverage for mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance or failure from normal wear and tear.
No additional out-of-pocket charges to repair or replace your malfunctioning device.
Over 1,800 Sprint Phone Repair Centers available to repair or replace your device. Visit www.sprintstorelocator.com for the nearest location.
For full terms and conditions, see the Service Contract.
Link to insurance program info on Sprint website:
Protect your Sprint or Nextel phone or smart device against loss, theft, liquid or physical damage.

Last edited by bakntyme; 07-20-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
The Sprint insurance covers water damage. I don't know what started the rumors that it does not.

The Sprint TEP program consists of the Service and Repair Program (like an extended warranty; no charge per replacement) and the Equipment Replacement Program (insurance that covers loss, theft, physical damage such as dropping or water damage; $50 per replacement).
He's right. who started this rumor? tell me!!! I drop my phone on the toilet bowl and I had sprint rep to take it out of the toilet to replace it. Thanks
Old 07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

strawsy is a n00b

Well myself and others have been turned down numerous times due to water damage. Why would they put the water damage sticker on there in the first place. I mean if you drop it in the water you know it has water damage. They want to know if it has water damage, thats why. I guess I will have to raise more hell the next time I drop my phone in the water.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:45 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawsy View Post
Well myself and others have been turned down numerous times due to water damage. Why would they put the water damage sticker on there in the first place. I mean if you drop it in the water you know it has water damage. They want to know if it has water damage, thats why. I guess I will have to raise more hell the next time I drop my phone in the water.
Here's the trick Water damage=lost or stolen. Throw it in the lake!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawsy View Post
If you have the Sprint TEP, which costs $7 per month, or the Equipment Replacement Program, which costs $4 per month, then you are covered for water (or other liquid) damage. You can void the coverage by tampering such as attempting to bleach the water indicator. The water damage sticker is there because you ARE NOT covered for water damage unless you are paying for either the Equipment Replacement Program or the TEP which includes the Equipment Replacement Program as well as the Service and Repair Program. Of course, if you are paying for neither of these programs (or the equivalent if you have another cellular service provider), then you are not covered for water damage.

The confusion may come from the fact that the Service and Repair Program coverage component of the Sprint TEP is handled by the Sprint Repair Centers, but the Equipment Replacement Program coverage component is handled directly by the user with Asurion, the company that is the administrator for the insurance company. A semi-knowledgeable Sprint store employee may mistakenly tell you that you are not covered, since they do not handle that coverage.

Follow the "Link to insurance program info on Sprint website" in my previous post for all of the details.

For those of you who are apparently "link click challenged", here is another short blurb from the Sprint website:
Quote:
Equipment Replacement Program Coverage for lost or stolen devices, as well as devices with liquid or physical damage.

Last edited by bakntyme; 07-20-2008 at 07:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan