PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Hero
Carrier: sprint

meiinken is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm not receiving text messages

I just updated to the new HTC firmware and 6.1. I've never used my phone for text messaging before and decided to give it a try.
If I send a text message from the phone to myself, I get the message in a couple of minutes. But I don't seem to be receiving text messages sent to me. About an hour ago I went to Google and typed In my phone number to be sent links for their SMS apps, but the text never arrived. Then I went to google again and texted Help to 466453 and still no answer.

Are there any settings in the Mogul to setup receiving texts?
Any suggestions?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I'm not receiving text messages

is it on your parents account or something? did they setup the phone plan so that texting is disabled?

u need to find another cell phone to test this out. theres gotta be someone u know who u can call and say hey 'send me a text.'

try emailing from a pc to ur phone. it goes throught the sms network.

xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com

put ur 10-digit number in where the xxxxxxxxxx's are
Old 07-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Hero
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

meiinken is a n00b

Sorry, I've been away...
First, no my parents aren't blocking anything on my phone, at least not for the last 40 years.

I just called Sprint and was told that services like ESPN alerts and Google are not available on the Mogul.

Is this true? Is there a way around it?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

They have been giving me the run around too on texting issues. I can't get them in roaming. My phone reacts to a message being received but theres no new message other than the first one I receive when I am in roaming. Works flawless in sprint. They gave me a new phone and magically worked for 3 days, then like clockwork stopped again. Keep telling me network issue, but you'd think it would have been fixed after 5 months. They also tried to tell me that due to the purchase of altell by verizon that they are changing roaming towers and PRLs could be messing with the issues.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Dial *228 and update roaming.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan