PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Trade Sprint Mogul for HTC Touch

Well after having my mogul for a year with only minor problems, it seems that it has finally gone somewhat haywire. The battery barley lasts half a day, my buttons seem to have stopped fuctioning, and I am getting tired of the limited free RAM. So I have decided to switch to the htc touch because it is not a necesity for me to have wi fi or a keyboard. Only thing I am going to truly miss is the flash on the camera, it was such a great flashlight. But anyway, does anyone know if it is possible for me to trade my mogul for a touch, instead of a new mogul, I have the Total Equipment Protection plan, and the price of the touch is considerably lower than the mogul (the price of the touch was recently changed to 99$ after instant savings and rebates). So does anyone know if it is possible to do so.
Thanks

BTW I am on Sprint.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:10 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Re: Trade Sprint Mogul for HTC Touch

If you email eCare and make a good enough case, they *MAY* agree to swap the devices out... but that's your only option. If you call Asurion to go through TEP, you'll get a *refurb* Mogul that will likely have more issues.

As someone who has used both devices though, I hope you don't mind losing 1/3rd of your battery life... I could barely make it through the day on my Touch. My Mogul, on the other hand, makes it a little over a day with heavy usage.

Also using slide2unlock is just about mandatory on the Touch otherwise when you're on a phone call, you'll slide the handset around and find that you opened like 4 different programs. The signal quality is also noticeably weaker on the Touch as well and I think the voice quality on the Mogul is a bit better too.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

sherv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
If you email eCare and make a good enough case, they *MAY* agree to swap the devices out... but that's your only option. If you call Asurion to go through TEP, you'll get a *refurb* Mogul that will likely have more issues.

As someone who has used both devices though, I hope you don't mind losing 1/3rd of your battery life... I could barely make it through the day on my Touch. My Mogul, on the other hand, makes it a little over a day with heavy usage.

Also using slide2unlock is just about mandatory on the Touch otherwise when you're on a phone call, you'll slide the handset around and find that you opened like 4 different programs. The signal quality is also noticeably weaker on the Touch as well and I think the voice quality on the Mogul is a bit better too.
Wow, thanks for that info dude, I was heavily considering ditching the Mogul because I absolutely hate the low RAM but you've swayed me to strongly reconsider. Bah, I'll just wait another year until something better, but not quite perfect, is crapped out by HTC.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kasracer is a n00b

Get the Treo 800w
Old 07-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
Get the Treo 800w
I agree, all your issues with the mogul are solved with the treo 800 (actually almost are your issues the battery in the treo is not great, waiting for the extended one to come out). I also used the touch and hated it could not take the touch keyboard. I would also consider ecare and tell them your issues with the mogul. Just make sure you use the ecare once logged in to your account. It make take a few emails back and forth but it is worth it.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I really don't mind losing the keyboard, I have tried installing pocketcm and spb full screen keyboard, and I don't mind using those. The only thing is if the battery on the touch is worse that is not good, I really like the for factor of the touch and the extra RAM, but until now that has not been enough to sway me. But recently my mogul has been dying on me very fast, maybe its just my battery is dying. Because of this recent change in battery life I was strongly considering getting the touch.

So if there are any ideas on how to increase the life on my mogul back to like when i first got it that would be great. up until about this month, I could get about 2 days of regular usage, now I literally can not get half a day with zero usage, it is very strange. I am not sure if it is my recent use of Pointui that is causing this or not, but I really like having the interface and do not want to lose it.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
I really don't mind losing the keyboard, I have tried installing pocketcm and spb full screen keyboard, and I don't mind using those. The only thing is if the battery on the touch is worse that is not good, I really like the for factor of the touch and the extra RAM, but until now that has not been enough to sway me. But recently my mogul has been dying on me very fast, maybe its just my battery is dying. Because of this recent change in battery life I was strongly considering getting the touch.

So if there are any ideas on how to increase the life on my mogul back to like when i first got it that would be great. up until about this month, I could get about 2 days of regular usage, now I literally can not get half a day with zero usage, it is very strange. I am not sure if it is my recent use of Pointui that is causing this or not, but I really like having the interface and do not want to lose it.
just get a new battery and see if that works
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

i find activesync to be the culprit with poor battery life. it will start every time the phone sync's its time with the network (ever time you change towers, ect.) so If you don't change timezones, you can completely disable the time sync in phone settings, otherwise I recommend what's in the following posts. (I think ludester was who turned me on to this, but I know others have posted this as well, but I can't find them with search)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ime#post221719

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ime#post316075
Old 07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks, but I have had activesync disabled for a long time, I never really noticed an increase in battery life after disabling it (used memmaid to disable replog from starting when time is synched).

I believe that it is because I did a full battery cycle, by killing the battery and recharging it fully, twice. Or I believe the culprit is Pointui Home 1.51a, because i installed home and did the battery cycles around the same time that my battery became really bad. I have also tried the battery hacks in the registry and they have not helped, I have dimmed the brightness down to the third level, and disabled bluetooth, wi fi, and IR.

Also after updating to the new WM 6.1 ROM, my mogul keeps randomly connecting to the internet, I don't have my email to auto sync, and no programs are running (at least ones that are listed in the task manager), this also may be causing my battery to drain, is anyone else having this problem,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan