PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Illinois Valley Cellular

Novicaine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi stopped working

First:

What is the difference between the WIFI settings and Wireless LAN? I'm guessing WIFI is what I'd connect to at my house on my router and the Wireless LAN is the EVDO mobile internet (that I don't have)?

Second:

I was running the latest Sprint ROM and radio with my non-Sprint carrier. I switch to DCD's 3.2.2 and the latest radio to get the much faster GPS locks.

Then yesterday, I noticed I could no longer connect to my wireless LAN at home. It used to automagically pop up a notification that showed any networks in range and I'd enter my key and connect. I don't remember when it last worked, if it worked with the Sprint or just prior. So I'm not sure I blame any ROM upgrades.

So to double check I reloaded an older DCD 3.2.0 and then also the Sprint stuff, 3.35.651.2/3.35.04 and it still didn't work with those.

My wireless on/off side key works, because the icons change when I flip it.

I'm guessing that one of the time I dropped the phone I jarred something in the antenna.

I tried some fixes from previous threads, like checked the adapter name in the registry and tweaking some settings, charged battery full, but nothing helped.

Is there a way to definitively check the hardware to see if it's recieving anything?

Thanks...
Old 07-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wifi stopped working

test it with multiple access points. i have the exact symptoms you have and have created and posted in many threads regarding the issue. it seems to be an incompatibility with the routers and the wifi receiver in the titan. i am able to connect to wifi in airports and hotels but if i try to connect to my router at home its a no go. at first it sees the SSID and i hit connect but it either just disappears from the list or it says unavailable. i have had 2 different Linksys wrt54g's and the new wrt100 and none of them work. i do recall being able to connect one time when i first got the device but never again, regaudless of ROM version or Radio version. frankly i have given up... its not a big deal because i dont need wifi at home and everytime i try to connect other places (hotels, airports ect..) it works fine so whatever. i will just deal with it until i get the touch pro

'function over fashion'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan