PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Lurker

cottenr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ActiveSync Won't Save contacts

I've tried to use my active sync to save my contacts but it will never let me check the box for "save contacts". Any idea how to fix this?

Also, I'm sure this information is somewhere around here but I couldn't find anything when searching.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: ActiveSync Won't Save contacts

Do you have microsoft outlook on your pc ?
Old 07-13-2008, 03:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro...EVO in a few weeks
Carrier: Sprint

jtemple42000 is a n00b

I was havining the same problem. I installed Outlook and now I can check the box to sync the contacts. However, after I sync, my contacts do not show up in Outlook. Should I be looking somewhere else? I'm not getting any errors when syncing.....

Thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 03:38 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottenr View Post
I've tried to use my active sync to save my contacts but it will never let me check the box for "save contacts". Any idea how to fix this?

Also, I'm sure this information is somewhere around here but I couldn't find anything when searching.
You need to have Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple42000 View Post
I was havining the same problem. I installed Outlook and now I can check the box to sync the contacts. However, after I sync, my contacts do not show up in Outlook. Should I be looking somewhere else? I'm not getting any errors when syncing.....

Thanks
Try this:

Remove the checkmark for contacts (Tools - Options)
Let sync complete
Put checkmark back in for contacts (Tools - Options)
Let sync complete

If that doesn't work, you can always use a PIMBackup application

*edit* this will erase your contacts on the device, see post below (backup PIM file or else!!!)

Last edited by puff; 07-13-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:44 PM
N00b

jtemple42000 is a n00b

Thanks for the info. I tried what you suggested, all I managed to do is erase all my contacts. I only had a few so its no big deal. I have been waiting on putting all my contacts on here so i don't delete them all. I may try this on my Windows XP computer and see if it works. It seems that Vista just makes things harder. Or maybe I'll just dl the PIMbackup.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

when syncing contacts using winmo device center you have to tell it to replace items on pc first...it will populate your contacts after that switch back to replace items on phone

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:54 PM
N00b

jtemple42000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
when syncing contacts using winmo device center you have to tell it to replace items on pc first...it will populate your contacts after that switch back to replace items on phone
This did it. Thanks. I keep forgetting that when I sync on Vista its not through Active Sync. Sorry, I've only had this phone for a few days, and its been giving me hell....
Old 07-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
This did it. Thanks. I keep forgetting that when I sync on Vista its not through Active Sync. Sorry, I've only had this phone for a few days, and its been giving me hell....
glad i could help...thats kinda what we're here for...we keep you from creating new 4x2.7" holes in your walls
Old 07-13-2008, 05:03 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I tried what you suggested, all I managed to do is erase all my contacts. I only had a few so its no big deal. I have been waiting on putting all my contacts on here so i don't delete them all. I may try this on my Windows XP computer and see if it works. It seems that Vista just makes things harder. Or maybe I'll just dl the PIMbackup.

Thanks for the help.
weird. i agree that vista sucks. sorry about it erasing all those contacts though...
i always use PIM backup, or at least manually copy my PIM file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
Good to know, learned something new today
Old 08-16-2009, 04:12 PM
proimageprints

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Where, or which, is the file to copy pocket outlook contact data from one device to another? I have fought with outlook, backups and etc. trying to get data from my 6800 to my 6850 and have succeeded in getting the data there, then deleting from my system and my phone, and then restoring it, and then deleting it, and now I am stuck with my data on my 6800, but cannot sync contacts with outlook at all. It is selected now on the options, but it acts like it sycns, but doesn't. Have tried numerous combinations/times, and have had no luck. I cannot even get my Sprite PIM backup file to load into my TP. I figure a manual file copy would be the simplest at this point.
Thanks in advance! (although I will still hit the button!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan