PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 01:53 AM
crimsonSOLDIER

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Stronger charging thru ActiveSync?

Is there a way to increase the charging power though the PC USB? If not, is there a way to charge though an outlet and Sync though USB? Bluetooth has proved itself very, very unstable.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stronger charging thru ActiveSync?

I believe using the charging base (that should have come with your phone) you can plug both USB and a wall charger into the back at the same time, giving you a stronger charge and USB capabilities
Old 07-13-2008, 03:23 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

does alltel provide a base? sprint phone should come with a short adapter that does this. and thanks to No2Chem's new power ctrl panel I will be able to tell you if that increases the charge mAh or just uses the charger's power (as some chargers only output 500mAh) just as soon as i can find that little bugger.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:39 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

ok, the OEM adapters don't do this, it can only be physically be done with both adapers used togeather,, but don't transfer power on the heaset side (obviously). I remember moding my apache's cradle somehow, but that was a while back.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Your computer's USB port has a maximum output of 500 ma. That cannot be increased.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:26 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninjay View Post
I believe using the charging base (that should have come with your phone) you can plug both USB and a wall charger into the back at the same time, giving you a stronger charge and USB capabilities
I thought that was to listen to music though headphones and to sync or charge at the same time. One side has a picture of a headphone and the other is a USB icon.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff

On mine, the port on the right is USB (when you put the USB from your computer on it, it still charges the phone) and the left is the AC power charger symbol with two little prongs coming out of the top of a plug.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan