PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radio ROM question

Ok, my bootloader is at 2.40, and a I'm running a "cooked" (is that the correct word?) rom of no2chem's 5067 using ppckithcen's app. My GPS takes about 10 minutes to lock on after a reboot/soft reset. After that it locks on within 10 secs...until another reboot. I'm thinkin this is from the 3.42.30 radio rom. If I want to downgrade my radio rom, do I need to anything special? Can I just put my phone in bootloader mode and flash it with without worry? (sorry, i'm kind of a noob). I've done some searches but just have't been able to get the right answer. Can any1 advise? Should I even bother downgrading my radio rom? (was thinkin of 3.39. I'm VZW and a lot of peeps say this one works great for them)

Last edited by joojoobee666; 07-13-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:34 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Radio ROM question

any1?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Don't know if this will help, but i found this on the xda site. i personally have no idea if there will be any issues.

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...TitanStockHome

i imagine it wouldn't cause a problem since you are just flashing to a different radio the same as if you flashed a brand new radio. just my opinion
Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What program are you using to start the GPS? The radio shouldn't be a problem. I use the same radio om as you, and I am on VZW. Go to Start>Settings>Connections. You should see GPS Today I think is the name. When it opens hit Open Port. Then I think the other button below says Start test. Use that and see how long it takes. I can use it sitting inside my house and lock within a minute on 5 satellites. Use that to "prime" the GPS then open your preferred GPS software. You have to close by going to menu>quit. Hope that works for you too.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, the gpsOne chip still seems to have alot of "unknown/unconfirmed" issues, and i'm on sprint, but gotta plug Navizon. (see my referal link in sig) it's still kinda beta, but they've got some great features lined up, and are fairly responsive in thier forums.

i'll just give an example I showed my friend the other day.. I was in a store and pulled up Navizon to see how many miles (how much $) it was to where we were headed.. but you can only select "from: current location" if you have a lock, and this being my primary phone (I have a 2nd mogul collecting points all the time) i hadn't used the gps lately. I went back to the map and it showed me in a town I was in a few days back, and said no lock. I flipped on my wifi and quickly jumped to the road right outside the store. I watched as I left the store and the gps light came on right away and acuratly placed my location. I then opened up gps viewer and it showed a lock too.
more info on this Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!.
and Sticky: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

edit, being on verizon you would have a lock in that senario, as CDMA location works on verizon, but a little buggy with sprint.

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-13-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:01 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

hmmmm....so ar all thinkin it would be wasted effort to try different versions?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:54 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Looks like GPS Today is a third party app. I'm gonna download it and install it. I'll let you all know if there is any difference.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:57 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Meh...no change....Also installed QuickGPS with proper registry adjustments and fixed exe, but still takes a while to lock after cold boot/reset...
Old 07-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

it could be the radio since 3.42.30 is ported from the vogue(touch). i would try 3.42.02 again and see if there is any improvement.

some people said that 3.42.30 caused them to lose signal strength and slower gps depending on the carrier.

so try 3.42.02 and maybe that will fix it.

here is the link to that thread i was talking about

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=406297

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan