PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Biggest Turd!!

****!! ****!!

I have come to hate my Mogul and I've only had it for 10 months. Its like getting married to a moody *****. When I first got it...things were great. It zipped along and did everything I wanted it to do. Then on the honeymoon I started adding iContact, HTC Home, QuickMenu...

After a few happy months it started to get fat and slow down. Then I got fed up with the damn memory leak and doing a soft reset every morning...but I still put up with it.

Now it's slow, fat and damn moody. I never know what I'm going to get. Every hour or so I'll get a message of how many voicemail messages I have...and they're never the same. Sometimes 14, sometimes 19, sometimes 28...then back down to 11. Then sometimes texts will absolutely not go through and it's stuck on roam and the web browser won't open up.

Now today it completely froze and I did a soft reset and I'm stuck with the tri-color screen with the "TITA100 SPL-1.04.0000) in the top right corner. ****!!

I have 5 lines with Sprint and have been a customer since 2000. Whenever the automated ***** on the line asks me how she can help I always say "cancelation" it instantly takes me to someone that ****ing speaks english and bends over backwards.

I just got off the phone and the best they can do is $75 off an Instinct (to hold me over 'til the Touch Pro) or take it to get repaired which is $50 out of pocket but they said they would credit my acct.

**** this. How can I load the new official ROM with GPS? My phone is essentially bricked right now.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: Biggest Turd!!

its not bricked its just stuck in bootloader...and watch the language...this will be your only warning...there is a sticky in the titan upgrades section on being stuck in bootloader...please feel free to check it out at your leisure...

Old 07-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
its not bricked its just stuck in bootloader...and watch the language...this will be your only warning...there is a sticky in the titan upgrades section on being stuck in bootloader...please feel free to check it out at your leisure...
Sorry for the language but I'm just frustrated and not happy. Besides, I thought that is why they get blocked out?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

they do get blocked but still not required or tolerated
Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Lurker

cottenr is a n00b

You aren't happy about soft reseting your phone every morning. I have to soft reset my phone about 6-10 times a day. It freezes constantly.. even if its just charging. Anyone think I should take it into Sprint? I bought it off Ebay but have insurance..
Old 07-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottenr View Post
You aren't happy about soft reseting your phone every morning. I have to soft reset my phone about 6-10 times a day. It freezes constantly.. even if its just charging. Anyone think I should take it into Sprint? I bought it off Ebay but have insurance..
uh... flash a new rom? I'd bet money it's not a hardware issue....
Old 07-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Lurker

cottenr is a n00b

which ROM? also, does getting a "non-official" ROM void any warranty/replacement policies?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you tried to to hard reset? You know this is a Windows phone and frequent hard resets/re installation of the OS is needed from time to time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan