PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Program Memory

I've been using the Mogul for about 2 weeks now as an upgrade to the ppc6700. Basically, I think they did a very good job in improving the ppc6700 and it looks like they actually listened to users. However, the weakest part for me and something I wish the Mogul had more of, is program memory. Is there a way to increase program memory, make more efficient use of, or temporarily swap out, etc.?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict
Re: Program Memory

If you're talking about RAM, try Oxios Hibernate. Running it a couple times a day will get you 3-5Mb back. If you're talking about storage memory on your phone, I save all my .cab files to my SD card and only install programs to my phone that require it. All the other smaller programs I just install to the card.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I even go so far as to install all of the programs to my card, then hard reset, and then try to access the programs directly on my card without even installing them into the phone's registry (with a cab). This won't work on all programs, but many of them it will. Then I just create shortcuts to the .exe files on my card, and don't have to worry about memory issues or reg issues do to bad install files. If you can't click the .exe file and run it straight from the card (like spb time, opera 9.5, etc..) then you have to use the install cab files. Then it's best to still install them to the card if possible.

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt!!!
Carrier: Verizon

azbobs is keeping up the good workazbobs is keeping up the good work

I will have to try creating short cuts to my exe applications and move them all over to my SD 8gb card. I have a lot loaded on my PPC6800 ALL-TELL and I have about 14mb of free memory and if I open several apps it goes done to 8mb . I am running a few app's like other here and I hear them say they have 23mb of memory free and just wonder how the hell they are doing so. I have only had my phone for about one month and love it except for the lock up's and having to soft reboot it if I open too many app's at once. Thx again.

Here is a list of my apps, was wondering if I should remove a few to free things up but seems others have more loaded then I do and to have 22mb of free memory. So maybe doing what you have said by moving all exe to my sd will help. Thanks again.

SPB Mobile Shell
airscanner
e-mobilegps
google maps
full screenkeyboard
fun contacts
handitv
live search
resco photo viewer
phone weaver
pocket express
resco audio recorder
resco radio
resco backup
resco registry
sharpcast photo's
sktools
spb menu
spb weather
task manager
winterface
pocket controller
spb pocket plus
touch commander
ultimate launcher
Pro photo contacts which I have removed due to being a memory hog and even after removing it seems that I keep getting bad shortcuts for this even after removing the program. Too bad I liked the program but I am using the fun contacts and it seems good.

Cheers,
Azbobs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan