PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Need Help With Tomtom

Hey fellas:
I need to get Tomtom to work as a back up to Sprint telenav and I need your help please.
I have the Tomtom v650 US maps (1.5GB) dowloaded to my laptop as "DAT" files with couple MIDI, CFG,MMS,PNA and one INC(nothing executable) also, I have Tomtom Navigator 5 maps(925MB) dowloaded as file folder. I do not have any gps launcher or anything like that, and any direction will be greatly appreciated.
I am running Stock 3.35. 4GB SD. Thanks a lot, my mogul wouldn't be where it is without you folks.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Gentle bump
Old 07-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

I use tom tom and a program called GPS Viewer. GPS Viewer I start up just prior to tom tom. It starts my gps for me. I set it to com 4 and hit cold, warm, and then hot start and it then locks onto the satellites in like 5 seconds. I then start up tom tom and it displays my postion immediately. If you don't have an executible, you're missing some files.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:11 AM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

Thanks man. No executable here that I can see. Do you hit like a tomotom logo to launch it, or does gps viewer brings it up?What version of TT do you use?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

GPS Viewer is a totally seperate program. The mogul needs something to "kick start" and make the GPS senser detect the satellites faster. I did a lot of research a few months ago and was reading from these forums it can take some people like 30 seconds - 5 minutes until gps programs like tom tom will lock onto a satellite. So the GPS Viewer program acts like a primer. I have GPS Viewer V1.5 It works well. I originally installed TomTom (I think) from a cab file.... ttn.cab I'm not sure how to check my version number now that it's installed...I did look for an about me and went through the settings and what not...but no luck. I do have a folder on my storage drive called TomTom-2577. I hope this helps
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

please search and read this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=Astrolauncher
Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started

Sounds like you don't have the actual TomTom Navigator software itself. The maps are just that; just maps. Find the program first.

All the GPS viewer sounds like it does is what I use AstroGPSLauncher for. TomTom Navigator 6 didn't start the GPS unit in the phone so when you opened TT it would never get signal. Other programs like Google Maps or Live Search did start the GPS unit though so sometimes people would start one of those, close it and then open TT. It's not to view maps so much as to initialize the built-in GPS receiver on the phone for use with another program.

Hope that came out sensible.

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
GPS Viewer is a totally seperate program. The mogul needs something to "kick start" and make the GPS senser detect the satellites faster. I did a lot of research a few months ago and was reading from these forums it can take some people like 30 seconds - 5 minutes until gps programs like tom tom will lock onto a satellite. So the GPS Viewer program acts like a primer. I have GPS Viewer V1.5 It works well. I originally installed TomTom (I think) from a cab file.... ttn.cab I'm not sure how to check my version number now that it's installed...I did look for an about me and went through the settings and what not...but no luck. I do have a folder on my storage drive called TomTom-2577. I hope this helps
Check your TT version by going to /Program Files/Navigator. Inside should be a file called ttnavigator.bif. Open that using notepad on your PC or Pocket Word works fine as well on your PPC. There will be a couple fields your looking for in the file. First is ApplicationVersion and then ApplicationBuild. My says 7450 and 9028 which matches my version of 7.45 b9028.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

been reading and still reading, here is what I have
cline
cname
cnode
cphoneme
faces
mapinfo
mapsettings.cfg
north america
north america.mms
north america.pna
poi
What do I need?
tmccodes
traffic
traffic.inc
What do I need to buy??

Last edited by HBOOT; 07-10-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yep, that is only map data. You need the actual program to use the maps.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan