PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vibrate Only When Certain Email Arrives

Is there any way to make my Titan vibrate only when an email from activesync (exchange) arrives, and not when my Gmail IMAP mail arrives? I did some research and tried Phonealarm for a while now, but the program is buggy and does not allow you to set vibrate for mail from one email account and not the other (only different sound alerts).

I don't want sound alerts on emails, only virbate alerts, and I only want vibrate alerts from my exchange account (work) and not from gmail account (personal...this account gets a lot of mail I could care less about).

It seems so simple but I cannot find a solution. Any ideas? Perhaps this should be in the "Software" forum...
Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Orange

penguin is a n00b
Re: Vibrate Only When Certain Email Arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6 View Post
Is there any way to make my Titan vibrate only when an email from activesync (exchange) arrives, and not when my Gmail IMAP mail arrives? I did some research and tried Phonealarm for a while now, but the program is buggy and does not allow you to set vibrate for mail from one email account and not the other (only different sound alerts).
phoneAlarm v2.04 fully supports vibrate for emails just in one account or with specific text in the subject or sender.
You can also set a specific vibrate pattern for the email alarm, to determine if it is email or SMS for example based on the pattern.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
phoneAlarm v2.04 fully supports vibrate for emails just in one account or with specific text in the subject or sender.
You can also set a specific vibrate pattern for the email alarm, to determine if it is email or SMS for example based on the pattern.
Really? I don't see any change from previous versions in "custom email alerts." There is only a sound option, there is no vibrate option. Vibrate is taken from the general setting for all emails.

Here you claim that it may be included in 2.1:
http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=6205.0

Could you explain to me how it is done?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Bumping this. Phonealarm's implementation is a workaround as far as I can tell (forcing another email account to behave as MMS alerts) and even that is not working right now. I think it's a "beta" feature.

Is there no other solution for this? I really would like to have an LED blink and a notice on my SPB MS when I get a gmail email, but I don't want any vibrate, but I DO want vibrate on my exchange mail, which is from work.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Telus

grondinm is keeping up the good workgrondinm is keeping up the good work

well i know this could be done using mortscript....not sure if you know what mortscript is or if you are willing to go this route...if so send me a pm and i can work something out quick enough(once i leave work)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan