PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gpgorbosjr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mortal Kombat/Sub-Zero Theme

Hey guys! I was really bored today, and wanted to customize my Mogul that I just got a few days ago. So I created the following....

NOTE: Sorry if this is uncool, uninteresting, or doesn't belong here. I am a noob, and can take criticism, if it is warranted.

Includes:

Portrait/Landscape Modes
Text/E-Mail Notification Sounds (Scorption-Come here & Toasty)
Slide In/Out Sounds (Choose your destiny & Finish Him)
Ringtone (MK Theme)

http://rapidshare.com/files/12747889...mbat_Theme.rar

Also, once again, maybe I'm a noob and you guys don't need this, but here we go.

How to install:

-Theme

Put .tsk in "Windows" folder on PPC. Or alternatively "My Documents". Install in Settings>Today

-Text/E-Mail Notifications

Put in either "Windows" folder or "Application Data>Sounds". Install in Settings>Sounds & Notifications.

-Slide in/out sounds

**If you have installed other in/out sounds change the number in the file of these sounds to be larger than the last you installed**

Quote:
Sure.
1) Take 2 wav files, decide on which applies to opening the slide, and which to closing the slide.
2) Rename the files to "3_out.wav" and "3_in.wav" respectively (no inverted commas).
3) Using your favourite PPC file manager (e.g. from ActiveSync), navigate to the \Windows directory, and copy your "3_out.wav" and "3_in.wav" files there (e.g. \Windows\3_in.wav)
4) Using your fav PPC registry editor (e.g. Mobile Registry Editor), navigate to \HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SlidingSound\, where you'll find:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SlidingSound\0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SlidingSound\1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SlidingSound\2

You will now create HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SlidingSound\3, so the format will be identical except for the number 3:

5) Right-click on SlidingSound (at the \HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SlidingSound\ level), and click New / Registry Key. In the window that pops up, enter "3".
6) Right-click on the "3" (which you just created), and choose New / String Value.
7) Under Value Name, enter "in".
Under Value Data, enter "3_in.wav".
Repeat for "out", i.e.:
9) Right-click on the "3" (which you just created), and choose New / String Value.
10) Under Value Name, enter "out".
11) Under Value Data, enter "3_out.wav".
12) Double-click, in the right hand window, "(Default)" on the first line, and enter the name you want for the new sounds.
Thanks to a user on another forum.

-Ringtone

Put in Storage Card>My Documents>My Ringtones or on the phone My Documents>My Ringtones

Once again, sorry if you don't care. If you do, I have a Halo one half way done as well. Will put up in a few days.

Also if the rapidshare is frowned upon, someone please direct me to directions on how to use the ftp.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Re: Mortal Kombat/Sub-Zero Theme

Not my thing but it looks well done. Keep 'em coming.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Apotheosis117 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Apotheosis117
Thumbs up Re: Mortal Kombat/Sub-Zero Theme

Once again, sorry if you don't care. If you do, I have a Halo one half way done as well. Will put up in a few days.

Looks great! Looking forward to the Halo one personally... but Sub-Zero is pretty bad *** too
Old 07-05-2008, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm not going to say this is complete, because I still don't like the sounds. I think the other one (Sub-Zero) has sounds that make more sense for what is going on. But anyway, here it is (as is for now). I'm also thinking about making one that is more focused on the orange color of Halo. I made this first, because I love the blueish color they got going on in H3.

http://rapidshare.com/files/127492524/Halo_Theme.rar

Includes:

Portrait/Landscape Modes
Text/E-Mail Notification Sounds (Killing Spree/Killtacular)
Missed Call/Voicemail (Play Ball/He Friend (Grunt))
Slide In/Out Sounds (Slayer!/Game Over)
Ringtone (Halo Theme)

Install the same as the other.

Thank your for sounds:
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/dialogue.html

BTW-What I'm really looking foward to making is one based off of the 360. I need to hook my 360 up to my PC so I can rip some sounds, and I want to convert the 360 startup splash into a PPC one. We'll see.

Last edited by gpgorbosjr; 07-05-2008 at 11:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

I like the Sub-Zero one, but I think it would look better with a darker blue. Now obviously that's just a personal preference, but here's an example of what I mean:

Oh, as for a Xbox 360 theme, you might want to grab one of the default Windows Mobile themes and go from there since they're already green

Last edited by banzaiwolfe; 07-06-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I like the Sub-Zero one, but I think it would look better with a darker blue. Now obviously that's just a personal preference, but here's an example of what I mean:

Oh, as for a Xbox 360 theme, you might want to grab one of the default Windows Mobile themes and go from there since they're already green
I actually like them both.

The light blue kind of brings Zero more to the forefront, and the darker blue kind of has him lurking in the background. All depends on what you like I guess.

I'm just going to leave it as it is. If people want to change it it's not that hard. I'm basically just trying to learn the ins/out of my mogul and his features and figured I'd share what I do with you guys.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Almost a VIP

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for sharing them, it got me to look into how to customize my own themes, as well :P
Old 07-06-2008, 04:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

What software do you guys use to create your themes? Is it by chance free?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP

I used ThemeGenCE 2.5 which you can get from this page: http://www.codeppc.com/telechargemen...themegence.htm

(V)eGa also has a quick tutorial on this here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22087 but I had to pick QVGA P+L instead of the normal QVGA he says to use so that I could set all the images correctly.

This thread should probably go to the Theme forum though.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I used ThemeGenCE 2.5 which you can get from this page: http://www.codeppc.com/telechargemen...themegence.htm

(V)eGa also has a quick tutorial on this here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22087 but I had to pick QVGA P+L instead of the normal QVGA he says to use so that I could set all the images correctly.

This thread should probably go to the Theme forum though.
I also use ThemeGen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan