PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thrilsekr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't want my xv6800 to autodial #777 when I do not have a wireless connection.
On my old 6700 all I had to do was put a username in the manage network settings data network connect and leave the password blank. Then when it tried to dial, it would ask for a password, and I could cancel it.
I have tried doing to same thing on the 6800, but it does not work. It just changes the username back to blank.
Is there another way around this? I do not have a data plan, and do not want to use #777 unless I HAVE to, or to get pix messages.

Everything is stock on my phone. I know, I need to update. But I am a wuss with my 6800. I did all kinda of stuff to the 6700 when it first came out, but that was so long ago. I have fallen way behind the times, and cannot figure out all the kitchen stuff that is out now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jrbaker748 is a n00b
Re: #777

I have had this problem with mine too. I would try putting in your username info, then after exited connection manager I would do a soft reset. This has helped me in the past. If that doesn't work you may be looking at a registry hack which is beyond my expertise.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thrilsekr is a n00b
Re: #777

Figured it out.
Just make a new connection, call it whatever you want. Just make it dial #777 put in whatever username you want, leave the password blank. Then make sure it is the default. Now it will ask for a password before it attempts to dial. Just hit ok or cancel.

That easy.

Thanks, self.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan