PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Lurker

chadtic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock or Generic ROM for titan 6800

I need to know how to get my titan 6800 back to original manufacturer settings. My local carrier (Pioneer Wireless) says that they get the titan 6800 phones that they sell with generic settings straight from htc. They said they do not have software to flash phones from a different carrier. I have a phone that was originally a Sprint phone, but is know unlocked with a bad ESN that doesn't allow it to be used in US on Sprint network but can be programmed for other CDMA carriers.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Stock or Generic ROM for titan 6800

Official Sprint ROM 3.35.651.2 - Download and Upgrade Instructions
Old 07-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chadtic is a n00b

Will this put phone in generic mode, like it just left the htc warehouse? i will not be using Sprint network, but a local carrier in OKlahioma. They need it to be wiped clean as if it just left manufacturer.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, it will look like it left the factory for use on Sprint's network.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chadtic is a n00b

I need it to look like it left the manufacturer ready to be used on any network.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtic View Post
I need it to look like it left the manufacturer ready to be used on any network.
I will try to look into this further, but I am not sure what they mean by fresh from the factory from HTC, I have only seen carrier specific 6800's and when HTC ships them they com pre loaded with carrier specific settings, usually there are settings for something called NAM profile, this includes information that would be specific for your phone. This is what the carrier would need to provide to you. Usually when activiting a phone you give them you ESN number they give you a MSL unlock code to get into the settings and you input a new MDN number, etc. Mabye you could call them and say it is already flashed with generic settings and is unlocked. Then ask them to attempt to activate the phone for you as if it it were one of theirs because you should be able to get into any setting they request you to change. If they ask I would not say that this is a sprint phone but say its an alltell phone as they do not keep track of their esn's in a database.

P.S. If they can not get you into your settings, look for something in your programs folder called phone codes, or a advanced configuration folder, in it Look for EPST config, select view and this is were you can view all the setting the carrier will need you to change, if you need to edit them you will need to select edit instead of view and you will be prompted for an unlock code, e-mail me you esn number in all lowercase and i will get you the code to make the changes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan