PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing WMWifiRouter 0.91 on the new Sprint WM6.1 ROM?

I know that the 1.05 of WMWifiRouter has an alternate cab to install on WM6.1, but I was wondering if anyone had any luck installing 0.91 on WM6.1. Or what exactly is different about 1.05i that allows it to install to 6.1. Error message Installation was unsuccessful

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-03-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent
Re: Installing WMWifiRouter 0.91 on the new Sprint WM6.1 ROM?

0.91 works fine for me, but I had to change something in my registry. The new rom forces tethering to 'phone as modem,' You have to change the registry to force it to use 'sprint pcs' instead. I don't remember the exact change, but somewhere on this forum someone posted a cab file that fixes it for you. I just have no idea where, you'll have to look for it.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Jedi Master
Threadstarter

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Unfortunately, whenever I try to install 0.91 the installation fails, even with the wifi switch is on.

As for the registry tweaks, are you referring to the ICS extension and the Multi NAI entries or something else entirely?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Unfortunately, whenever I try to install 0.91 the installation fails, even with the wifi switch is on.

As for the registry tweaks, are you referring to the ICS extension and the Multi NAI entries or something else entirely?
I haven't had any problems with installation, and I've done it a few times since I got 6.1 (due to several hard resets for another issue). As for the fix, its something new to deal with this specific ROM. Its just quick registry fix, but someone made a cab to do it just for convenience. I used it, but like an idiot I didn't save it.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Jedi Master
Threadstarter

hmm, i tried looking for it, but can't seem to find it. What search terms did you use and how long ago was this posted?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Apparently I did save it, I just didn't realize it. My bad. lol Just remember to soft reset after you run it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PhoneAsModemTOSprintPCS.cab.zip (804 Bytes, 670 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Jedi Master
Threadstarter

hmm even though i tried installing the reg hack, the installation still doesn't seem to go through. Do you install via cab on storage card or activesync?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I ran it from the storage card, but I ran it AFTER I successfully installed the program. This cab just enables WMWifiRouter to actually make a data connection without Sprint Charging you for tethering. Not being able to install the software is a whole other issue, and I don't have a solution for you on that. Sorry

Last edited by arparent; 07-03-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Jedi Master
Threadstarter

well thanks so much for your help anyway, the cab you provided will no doubt help me out later on.

it seems that people have luck with a different .cab that doesn't include a setup.dll, is there anyway to recompile the .cab without this file?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

To be perfectly frank, I'm a hardware engineer by trade, I know jack about software. lol I would assume so, anything is possible!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan