PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottad1972 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Instant messenger app download?

The mogul doesnt have the instant messenger like the vogue does.

Does anyone know if there is a cab that someone extracted or anything
Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: Sprint Instant messenger app download?

My understanding is that Sprint Instant Messanger is really OZ Messanger under the covers. Previous attempts to port it from the Touch to the Mogul have failed. I am not sure if it is possible on the current releases.

Kevan
Old 07-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

For Instant Messaging I use IM+. It is not free but does all the major ones including AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk, Jabber and even MySpace. Though it is a little expensive at $39.95.

http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...php?product=im
Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
My understanding is that Sprint Instant Messanger is really OZ Messanger under the covers. Previous attempts to port it from the Touch to the Mogul have failed. I am not sure if it is possible on the current releases.

Kevan

Correct....

and might I mention that OZ IM is a total piece of sh!t. Get a good IM client....JiveTalk is my current one, and I am enjoying it...very smooth and looks great...also finger friendly. IM+ is another good one (although it costs money) its worth it if you want the today screen plugin.

Alot of people like Palringo...it also supports Skype. Agile messenger is another good one. And then there's Fring...and Octrotalk...the list goes on and on.

Edit: Fring supports Skype, not Palringo. My bad....

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!

Last edited by DaPeeps; 07-01-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

my vote is for Palringo..PTT is built in like chirping with an ol skool nextel phone. it also has a ppcgeeks chat room. yahoo, msn, aol is also included though that prolly went without saying. best of all, it's free.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Chyna24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Chyna24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna24

I have a really basic question. Ist off hello everyone. I am a big Yahoo IM user. The problem is that I am logged into it 24 hours a day. I want a mobile IM that will archive my converstions like the version you utilize on your PC or a version that will let me save them to my device or storage cards or that will allow me to email the conversations or something like that. Any help?..... Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyna24 View Post
I have a really basic question. Ist off hello everyone. I am a big Yahoo IM user. The problem is that I am logged into it 24 hours a day. I want a mobile IM that will archive my converstions like the version you utilize on your PC or a version that will let me save them to my device or storage cards or that will allow me to email the conversations or something like that. Any help?..... Thanks in advance.
I believe you'd be able to do that on IM+. I've been usin' it a while now and have been able to save a lot of my conversations to my storage cards.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

tboogy08 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to tboogy08

I have been using palringo and i love it. try it out and see if it works for you
Old 07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i use and like parlingo...slick wasnt too bad but parlingo is much better

Old 07-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Chyna24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Chyna24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna24

Thank you for all the good suggestions everyone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan