PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Exclamation Need help after to0 rom flash

I couldn't get the rom to flash on my pc, so I sent it to mike cooper (to0) and had him do it for me. Sent him an email but no answer. The phone still asks for user name, password and domain to get data service to work. Searching here I found mms.mycricket.com/servlets.mms for damain, but it says password and user name incorrect. My user name is my 10 digit phone number@my.cricket.com and password is cricket right? Also when making or recieving a call, i can hear the person on other line, but they cant hear me. What gives?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Need help after to0 rom flash

ok, to0 did my phone. i have tryed reaching him thru email, thru hofo, and posted here. i can't believe of the number of people that run this pda on to0's rom on cricket and no one has any clue how to get my phone working and i can't get any support anywhere. this is a lot of cash i'm spending just to text only. am i supposed to switch to sprint just to get this phone working?
Old 06-29-2008, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
I couldn't get the rom to flash on my pc, so I sent it to mike cooper (to0) and had him do it for me. Sent him an email but no answer. The phone still asks for user name, password and domain to get data service to work. Searching here I found mms.mycricket.com/servlets.mms for damain, but it says password and user name incorrect. My user name is my 10 digit phone number@my.cricket.com and password is cricket right? Also when making or recieving a call, i can hear the person on other line, but they cant hear me. What gives?
hello i don't have too's rom i have vetvito's and love it but you have everythng all mixed up...your username should be your ten digit number and mycricket.com example 1234567891@mycricket.com and password is cricket in lowercase...i am not sure where you got your settings but you didn't follow them correctly(they are written wrong) lol...none of the guys at HOFO helped?...they mostly use too's rom i think so they could have helped but some people will and others feel that you should search it out and find it yourself...hope this helps you can also try here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=cricket
Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ok, let me show you this howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1374885 then read on.

so while only being able to use wifi and text, i had user name and password correct, but after the link you posted, i scanned down till i seen user name password, and leave domain blank. i didn't know that i needed to leave domain blank. when i sent to to0 to install rom for me, i figured it would all be set up and all i had to do was activate with cricket. so now i guess i got to get into regedit and change things (oh joy) cause now i got data working with net, it now shows incoming and outgoing mms, but it don't really send or recieve. plus the microphone (according to to0) hardware might be bad, callers/callies can't hear me talk, and voice memo don't record. upside, the damaged one that would come on to show sprint and off again was being used as charger since that's all it would do. i swapped batteries and turned damaged phone on so it would kill battery flashing on and off, but it came on. fully, all programs were still there, pics, and downloaded files were all still there. no speaker or vibrate though. took apart again to find speaker not pluged in. wifi don't work, and when i try to launch it, i get an inertnal error message. still no vibe, and this one never recieved mms, but would send. i don't know the rom, but minus the 6.1 an new text like IM, i like it better than to0 rom but has no gps.

showing my pc tech skills, how hard would it be to black pill it, and would it fix wifi issue?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
ok, let me show you this howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1374885 then read on.

so while only being able to use wifi and text, i had user name and password correct, but after the link you posted, i scanned down till i seen user name password, and leave domain blank. i didn't know that i needed to leave domain blank. when i sent to to0 to install rom for me, i figured it would all be set up and all i had to do was activate with cricket. so now i guess i got to get into regedit and change things (oh joy) cause now i got data working with net, it now shows incoming and outgoing mms, but it don't really send or recieve. plus the microphone (according to to0) hardware might be bad, callers/callies can't hear me talk, and voice memo don't record. upside, the damaged one that would come on to show sprint and off again was being used as charger since that's all it would do. i swapped batteries and turned damaged phone on so it would kill battery flashing on and off, but it came on. fully, all programs were still there, pics, and downloaded files were all still there. no speaker or vibrate though. took apart again to find speaker not pluged in. wifi don't work, and when i try to launch it, i get an inertnal error message. still no vibe, and this one never recieved mms, but would send. i don't know the rom, but minus the 6.1 an new text like IM, i like it better than to0 rom but has no gps.

showing my pc tech skills, how hard would it be to black pill it, and would it fix wifi issue?
wow jeep***** you went through alot lol...if you have the correct bootloader(olipro 2.40) which im sure that you do if you are using a gps enabled rom...it wont be hard to flash to the black pill...i don't use the black pill..i use a blue pill that Vet created but no longer has up...if you go to Vet's thread for the black/shwart roms you can ask someone there if it helps with your wifi problem...try asking Lime and he may know since he does use the black pill himself...you can hit me back here or send me a PM to let me k now if you need any further assistance and i will help as much as i possibly can
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

thanks badaz, it is damaged one that i want to try vet on. i do hove olipro 2.40 but the reason i sent it to to0 to do it for me is cause imtoo gready came out a few years back and an other program i can't recall for the audiovox 8900 came out. i fried 2 phones trying to change things. this phone is more than an 8900, and when i ran bootloader, went thru steps in c:/ and it says to unplug phone, and plug back in, my oc didn't find the phone to continue. softreset to an other failed attempt. the last thing i want is to brick one or both of these phones. they both work partial, if i can only get them to work completely. i do construction electrical, i go thru phones like nothing, to have a backup would be nice since i do have 2 of them. how do i fix the mic hardware. and how do i get the to0 rom to actually send and recieve mms, and to get gps to find satilites?
Old 07-04-2008, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
thanks badaz, it is damaged one that i want to try vet on. i do hove olipro 2.40 but the reason i sent it to to0 to do it for me is cause imtoo gready came out a few years back and an other program i can't recall for the audiovox 8900 came out. i fried 2 phones trying to change things. this phone is more than an 8900, and when i ran bootloader, went thru steps in c:/ and it says to unplug phone, and plug back in, my oc didn't find the phone to continue. softreset to an other failed attempt. the last thing i want is to brick one or both of these phones. they both work partial, if i can only get them to work completely. i do construction electrical, i go thru phones like nothing, to have a backup would be nice since i do have 2 of them. how do i fix the mic hardware. and how do i get the to0 rom to actually send and recieve mms, and to get gps to find satilites?
hey Jeep...i already gave you a link here in the forum that had the same steps that would more than likely work for you to get your mms working like it should and i'm not sure about the mic but maybe one of the guys can help...what exactly is wrong with the mic? is it working at all? is it too low? i'm sure someone here in the forum can help with that and the gps should work if you have it set right...just try it with something like google maps...i hope it all works out ...happy 4th of july guys/girls
Old 07-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

no prob. i'll get them going in time. just like out of nowere when the wet phone came on, today i called cricket ant put it back on account, i was playing with it and like usual, to many programs running slowed/froze it. doing softreset the wifi switch on (didn't know)when it came on, so did wifi. so far all need now is vib to start working, and it is out of the box functional. the other one that has to0 rom, mic don't work. hold down mic button on side to record/voice dial. it just beeps. make call to other phone in house, no voice on second line. when in notes and i show sound bar. record and stop and it just beeps, no speaker in top of note. like that out of box. it took 10 weeks of calling daily just to get it sent to me, it would be next year before they took it back and sent me one that works. got to find other way. would my local repair shop be able to fix it?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Ok, had some time to play, think, and hope. One that to0 did was missing voice speed dial. And all voice tags were not working. Made a call (knowing cricket would fail it not activated) and blew into mic. I can hear the static from blowing, but still no voice tag. I just did the sprint 3.56 and it came with voice tags, and voice dial. Went to notes and tried to do a voice note, still not working, and wont let me add a voice tag to contacts. Been spending a ton of time trying to learn, and find a rom to download. I can't seam to find the link to the black pill. I did vboots, but it didn't do anything. Doing all experiments on the to0 romed phone to see what works before doing it to the one I'm using with a functional mic. Still little lost on regedit things, was hoping to find a rom for cricket use, that did not require me re-writing the reg after doing the rom. And yes I've searched. In fact i have been doing it day and night since last post. It gave me time to figure out how to update a new rom. What would it take to get the sprint 3.56 to work with gps and sprint tv on cricket? I wish there wasn't an issue with text notice going silent using opera mobile 9.5.1 b1 as I've been using opera on different phones for years and love it compaired to anything else I've used. If I can get black pill rom, i'll toss it on working (soaked) phone, it is using olipro 1.20, but I think I figured why it wasn't working when I forced it into spl olipro 2.40, i just didn't continue when it didn't reconnect to activesync. When I did sprint rom flash, it went into bootloader (has 2.40) lost activesynce, and it updated and reconnected. Makes me think to start update on other when forced into 2.40 from pc, and lost activesync. If so, I'll be looking forward to finding to black pill. Ultimate launce looks cool, and all downloads for iphoneing it did me nothing, freestyl and generic iphone program just enabled it to open unlimited today today screens, and loaded up advanced config. Only thing that resembles iphone is the option to shut off screen, or reboot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan