PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ndnygaard is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to load a cab in a rom that does not install

Hey fellas,
Can anybody tell me howto.... using the PPC kitchen.. I want to cook a rom that has 3 cab files in a folder, that can be installed later if I want to. But do not install during the flash??? Anybody have anyt ideas?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3
Re: How to load a cab in a rom that does not install

why dont you just put the cab files in a zip folder and after you flash store the zip folder in the sd card or phone???????????
Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

you could use oemizer maybe.

In the files box link the zipped folders as previously mentioned and create an oem package with it.
Then the next time you use the kitchen make sure that you choose that oem package in the list.

Those zipped folders will most likely end up in the windows directory of the phone as read only files though. Might be a hassle. Just put them on an sd card like I do. I have it all organized on my sd card just for that purpose.

If all works. You either have to have an app to extract on the ppc. Just make sure that you choose the zip prog in the list. Or you might be able to do make the oem package with an unzipped folder.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just put all my cab files in a folder named cabs on my card.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnygaard View Post
Hey fellas,
Can anybody tell me howto.... using the PPC kitchen.. I want to cook a rom that has 3 cab files in a folder, that can be installed later if I want to. But do not install during the flash??? Anybody have anyt ideas?
Check out my tutorial on the subject.... A cab file is definately a personal file...or is it other stuff?!

Customizing Your Rom: Adding Personal Files & Other Stuff
Do you have certain files that you must have with a new flash or hard reset? Ringtones, Office templates for work, or others? Ones you can't lose if you have the dreaded "Corrupt Storage Card" issue, then this tutorial will show you how to insert your files into your rom and copy them where you want them so you will always have them! PPCKitchen.org BuildOS Friendly!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan