PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ok, I TRULY bricked it. Advice please... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30405)

brickcity 06-27-2008 10:23 AM

ok, I TRULY bricked it. Advice please...

OK, so I really bricked my phone... It went through the washer. DAMNNNNITTTTTTT. Anyway, I did all drying techniques yadayadayada, doesn't work.

It is still under manufacturer's warranty, HOWEVER I know there is some litmus type paper in there to tell them if it got wet, voiding the warranty. Any suggestions on how I get a new phone? Anyone... Bueller...Bueller.

No, I didn't but the insurance. Yes, I am an idiot.

Please help!

PS- I am back on my Treo 650, I AM DYING OVER HERE!

brickcity 06-27-2008 10:25 AM

Re: ok, I TRULY bricked it. Advice please...

In retrospect, having my member name be "brick" city probably wasn't such a good idea.

sHockz 06-27-2008 10:28 AM

washing machines are pretty brutal on an electronic device. even if you had insurance, sprint wouldnt cover the water damage. this ones on you.

brickcity 06-27-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sHockz (Post 328616)
washing machines are pretty brutal on an electronic device. even if you had insurance, sprint wouldnt cover the water damage. this ones on you.

Hahaha, what a little helper you are.

brickcity 06-27-2008 10:49 AM

Does anyone know where the Litmus paper indicators are??? Maybe I can bleach those bad boys???

bacspasm 06-27-2008 10:50 AM

Brick,

I say dry the phone out so that there is no indication that it was wet and take a shot at getting a new one.

There does not seem to be the usual sticker under the battery on my Mogul, maybe there is a wet sticker inside. Nonetheless, try to see if the store will replace it.

WHen I did pull my battery out, I did see a white rectangular sticker near top of the phone, it is solid white, may be covering a screw. Perhaps this is the wetness sensor. Is yours white?

brickcity 06-27-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacspasm (Post 328640)
Brick,

I say dry the phone out so that there is no indication that it was wet and take a shot at getting a new one.

There does not seem to be the usual sticker under the battery on my Mogul, maybe there is a wet sticker inside. Nonetheless, try to see if the store will replace it.

WHen I did pull my battery out, I did see a white rectangular sticker near top of the phone, it is solid white, may be covering a screw. Perhaps this is the wetness sensor. Is yours white?

No its not white... and I think you are right about that being ONE of the litmus wetness test paper. I am wondering however if anyone knows if there is one on the motherboard.

brickcity 06-27-2008 11:09 AM

Also, if you have never taken apart your phone, there is a little white screw cover under the battery cover, lower left corner of the phone. Mine reads "Void"... not sure if it is saying my phone is void because it got wet, or if you take this screw cover off your phone is void.

Anyone else have this little "void" screw cover?

theevilmonkee 06-27-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickcity (Post 328613)
OK, so I really bricked my phone... It went through the washer. DAMNNNNITTTTTTT. Anyway, I did all drying techniques yadayadayada, doesn't work.

It is still under manufacturer's warranty, HOWEVER I know there is some litmus type paper in there to tell them if it got wet, voiding the warranty. Any suggestions on how I get a new phone? Anyone... Bueller...Bueller.

No, I didn't but the insurance. Yes, I am an idiot.

Please help!

PS- I am back on my Treo 650, I AM DYING OVER HERE!

Well the same thing happened to my brother's Rumor. The way he took care of it is he set it out in the sun a bunch of days until you couldn't even tell that there was water in it anymore. When he plugged it in, the phone would work but when it was unplugged, it wouldn't turn on. So he went up to the sprint store with the phone and told them that it only worked when it was plugged in, and they gave him a new phone at no charge.

dubwize 06-27-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brickcity (Post 328669)
Also, if you have never taken apart your phone, there is a little white screw cover under the battery cover, lower left corner of the phone. Mine reads "Void"... not sure if it is saying my phone is void because it got wet, or if you take this screw cover off your phone is void.

Anyone else have this little "void" screw cover?

ive never got mine wet and says void, i think its if you take that screw out