PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PsychoX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question on mogul ram

I heard that there was a way to upgrade the ram on an htc mogul by purchasing a module from this site http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main.asp?area=home and soldering it in. There isn't anything on this site about the mogul upgrades, The person of whom completed this mod told me to go to ppcgeeks and find the thread on this topic. Hopefully you guys can give me some insight on this project, or a link to the thread, sorry I couldn't find the thread...
Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800

lvgdgts is a n00b
Re: Question on mogul ram

This would be extremely tricky. Only someone with excellent desoldering/soldering skills could do this. You would probably be better off sending the unit to them for the service.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

have not seen it done anywhere. The real experts like no2chem and dcd are working with the software to optimize usage. Better off waiting a few months for the touch pro.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor

PocketPC Techs does NOT offer a RAM upgrade for the mogul, so it's a moot discussion.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

PsychoX is a n00b

Thanks for your input gents, got a 2 year upgrade in january, going to wait till then to upgrade to the touch pro. Hope that phone is as awsome as the hype is making it out to be.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoX View Post
I heard that there was a way to upgrade the ram on an htc mogul by purchasing a module from this site http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main.asp?area=home and soldering it in. There isn't anything on this site about the mogul upgrades, The person of whom completed this mod told me to go to ppcgeeks and find the thread on this topic. Hopefully you guys can give me some insight on this project, or a link to the thread, sorry I couldn't find the thread...
I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but I do remember someone asking about this a few months ago as well. They wound up writing to the site (PocketPC Techs), and received a reply telling them that due to the layout of the board/memory in the mogul, that it was impossible to add more physical memory to it. I would swear I saw that on PPCGeeks somewhere. Maybe it was XDA. Either way...I do distinctly remember PPCTechs saying they would never offer it for the mogul because of this.

Edit: Ok...I was wrong...they didn't say anything about not being able to do it...I must have gotten confused with something else. However, this topic HAS been discussed before, and the result is pretty much the same...no dice. See here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...memory+upgrade

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!

Last edited by DaPeeps; 06-29-2008 at 01:44 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan