PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
How to use ICS Control

I have just upgraded to WM 6.1 official and have learned that the free version of WMWifiRouter no longer works, so i decided to try ICS control. But it is not as easy to use, all i really want to do is make my phone a wi fi router, like WMWifiRouter, how can I do this in ICS Control?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: How to use ICS Control

Absolutely! It does involve some extra steps, like going into your network cards screen of the wifi configuration settings and setting up a new network (SSID name, set to ad-hoc) and giving it the 192.168.2.1 IP address from ICS Control.

Select Cellular Line for public IP in ICS Control, and TNETW12511 fpr private.

Check the boxes for SET PRIVATE IP, and AUTO CONNECT TO NETWORK.

With wifi on and set up with the SSID name you gave it, along with that 192.168.2.1 IP, start ICS with the above settings and it should be visible on your laptops wifi networks scree as an ad-hoc (computer to computer) network. Hopefully I didn't miss a step, but here is the full forum from XDA where people have used several differnt configs...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377047
Old 06-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Re: How to use ICS Control

for some reason it is not working, I am using an ipod touch. It can find my network (named mogul) and can connect, but when i try to access the web, no websites load, and it says cannot find server. Also for the 192.168.2.1 address, do I just have to click set private IP in ICS Control, or do i have to go into the wi fi adapter settings in the start/settings/connects/wi-fi, and make it so it is not automatic, and change it to 192.168.2.1? Also does the packet filtering option need to be selected? I know DHCP, DNS, NAT all have to be on, but what about packet filter?

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 06-26-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Lightbulb Re: How to use ICS Control

I've read that the iPod doesn't work with the DHCP settings in ICS Control. BUT...

For complete details on how to set this all up (of course you'll have to slightly modify for the ipod touch since I referred to a laptop) check out the post I made in the upgrades forum. Worked for one other person so far. Let us know if this works for the iPod as well.

Here's the link to the upgrade forum post started by ?GotJazz?...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27410

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan