PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Gmail + IMAP doesnt work? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30239)

DarkManX4lf 06-25-2008 10:46 PM

Gmail + IMAP doesnt work?

So I was trying to setup my Mogul to receive my Gmail's. I setup pocket outlook just like it says on this page:
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=78886

but I cant seem to get my mogul to show emails that already exist in my account (mails that have been already read). Is this a common problem? Is there a fix? Is there a better way to view Gmails on the mogul?

Or am I mistaken about Gmail + IMAP + PPC Outlook? Does it only read new emails and not the ones you already have?

Iguana775 06-25-2008 10:51 PM

Re: Gmail + IMAP doesnt work?

I have zero issues setting my gmail up in outlook. the settings are loaded automatically so all that I enter is my gmail address and password.

shabicht 06-25-2008 11:12 PM

I wouldn't use the default settings, i'm pretty sure they default to pop3. As for Imap i had it working just fine on my touch (don't see why it should be any different) im using mobipush now along with my gmail account and that also works flawlessly. did you enable imap access in gmail settings? other than that i can't think of anything else.

u8myfoood 06-25-2008 11:55 PM

Gmail is a bit glitchy on my mogul too, often it didnt download the emails, or downloaded ones from months ago, so I just set up a secondary useless email at gmx.com (I AM NOT PROMOTING THEM), and fowarded all my emails to that account and then set up imap with gmx.
Works perfectly for me now.

thraapster 06-26-2008 09:17 AM

Did you have it set in your send/receive schedule to download all messages? I think by default it only downloads from the past 3 days, so you might want to look into that.

cornelious2 06-26-2008 09:20 AM

you have to actually enter in the e-mail address wrong the first time (like adress@gmaidjkfdsl.com enter in the imap information and then correct the address to the proper address@gmail.com

DarkManX4lf 06-26-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabicht (Post 326508)
I wouldn't use the default settings, i'm pretty sure they default to pop3. As for Imap i had it working just fine on my touch (don't see why it should be any different) im using mobipush now along with my gmail account and that also works flawlessly. did you enable imap access in gmail settings? other than that i can't think of anything else.

Yeah IMAP4 was selected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thraapster (Post 326921)
Did you have it set in your send/receive schedule to download all messages? I think by default it only downloads from the past 3 days, so you might want to look into that.

This is where my problem was, I think it defaultd to only download messages from the last 3 days...stupid me I should have checked that setting. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 326925)
you have to actually enter in the e-mail address wrong the first time (like adress@gmaidjkfdsl.com enter in the imap information and then correct the address to the proper address@gmail.com

As far as I read you only have to enter a wrong email address if you are using WM6.1 and unfortunately for the Mogul we dont have a WM6.1 official rom...

Along with setting pocket outlook to download all messages, I set it to download the full message instead of just downloading the header, but when doing this it times out when downloading....maybe my signal is low or bad....

Thanks for the input guys !

DaPeeps 06-26-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf (Post 327547)
Yeah IMAP4 was selected.

As far as I read you only have to enter a wrong email address if you are using WM6.1 and unfortunately for the Mogul we dont have a WM6.1 official rom...
!

The official 6.1 update ROM came out a few days ago actually.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30072

I have never had any issues with GMail. I set it up as IMAP.

st10524 06-26-2008 07:04 PM

Windows Mobile 6
To configure IMAP for your Windows Mobile 6 device, just follow these steps:
1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
2. Open the Start menu and select Programs > Messaging > New E-mail Account.
3. Enter your Gmail address (including '@gmail.com') in the E-mail Address field*.
* Windows Mobile 6.1 users: Enter an unintelligible email address (such as 'g@g') at this step. This will bypass the automatic configuration for POP access.
4. Uncheck the box that asks to get settings automatically from the Internet and select Next.
5. Select Internet e-mail as your email provider in the drop-down menu.
6. Enter your name as you want it to appear in sent emails.
7. Enter a descriptive name for the email account and select Next.
8. Enter 'imap.gmail.com' in the Incoming Mail Server field.
9. Select IMAP4 as the Account type from the drop-down menu and select Next.
10. Enter your Gmail username (including '@gmail.com') and password.
11. Select Next.
12. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server field.
Make sure that the Outgoing server requires authentication box is checked.
13. Select the Advanced Server Settings link.
Make sure that the Require SSL box is checked for both incoming and outgoing emails.
14. Select The Internet as the network connection from the drop-down menu.
15. Select Done and then Next.
16. Select how often you want your phone to send/receive emails from the drop-down menu.
For more download options, select the Review all download settings link.
17. Select Finish.

DarkManX4lf 06-27-2008 12:51 AM

yea....that's pretty much what I did to set up gmail...but can't seem to downlaod messages from labels....I can only get messages from the inbox. Does any one else have the same problem?