PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

atlas1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No sound output using the supplied 2.5mm headset adapter on the Sprint Mogul

When I try to use the supplied Sprint Mogul headset adapter I get no sound output. If I use the headset directly plugged in w/o the adapter it works fine. I'm trying to use the headset jack on the Mogul to connect to my car stereo using a tapedeck adaptor. If I plug the jack in half way I'll get sound out of one speaker. If I push it in all the way nothing happens. There are also funny glitches. When pulling the jack out, sometimes the phone will automatically dial my voicemail or it will launch the voice dial application. Any suggestions? Is it the phone or the adapter that's the problem?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: No sound output using the supplied 2.5mm headset adapter on the Sprint Mogul

if you have a spare cord, try that, it seems like you have a bad connection with the 3.5mm part. Or try using a can of compressed air to make sure there isn't any dust, lint, grime, etc in there.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

atlas1 is a n00b
Re: No sound output using the supplied 2.5mm headset adapter on the Sprint Mogul

Thanx cornelious2. I'm going to try using a different adaptor cord as soon as I get a chance. Prob. tomorrow. I will update if I figure it out.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

this is a known issue on the cooked roms.. do a search over at XDA and you'll find lots of results.. you can remove pin1 from the USB port, or there was a simple sequence of, I BELIEVE, insert headphones into adapter FIRST, then adapter into phone........
do some searching and you'll see... at least it will save you the trouble of swaping out cords and whatnot.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

atlas1 is a n00b

I got the answer. A dedicated wire (mini usb to 3.5 mm jack) is needed. An adapter can't be used b/c there is an extra pin in the mini usb port on the phone that is designed to be used for headphones with a mic. I got a dedicated wire like this: http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=776
It works great!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan