PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: At&t

jrflurry is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jrflurry
Skyfire download?

Ok so now that i have tried all kinds of browsers for my mogul i really want to try Skyfire. Skyfire seems to have everything i want/need in a ppc browser....the problem is...where the heck do i get it?? I go to the site and its only got the sign up for beta2. Is there anyway to get beta1 or was it just a limited release?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: Skyfire download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrflurry View Post
Ok so now that i have tried all kinds of browsers for my mogul i really want to try Skyfire. Skyfire seems to have everything i want/need in a ppc browser....the problem is...where the heck do i get it?? I go to the site and its only got the sign up for beta2. Is there anyway to get beta1 or was it just a limited release?
beta 1 is over now. they are in beta 2. and who knows when they will get to all the people in beta 2 but it will be a long wait for sure. too late in the game..

Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrflurry View Post

Your only option at this point is to sign up for beta 2 and wait awhile, there is no other way around it.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

If you live in the Bay Area, you might want to take advantage of this. I'm a beta tester 1 and received this email from skyfire.
------------------------

Hi , we're looking for your friends.

Do you have friends in the San Francisco Bay Area who want to get their hands on the Skyfire browser? We want to hear from them!

Friday, July 25th from 12:00pm - 2:00pm
We are having a casual lunch to get new user feedback. We are looking for 50 current Windows Mobile users who want to get into the Skyfire private beta ahead of the Beta 2 launch. If you have a friend in or near the Skyfire headquarters in Mountain View who can attend this luncheon, and would like to download our browser, please have them email us at info@skyfire.com with the following information.

Email Subject Line: New Friends of Skyfire Lunch

Name:
Email Address:
(The email address will be your Skyfire ID once you are invited into the beta; we are unable to change this for you)
Phone Number:
Phone Model:
Version of WM:

Requirements:

* Attendees must own a Windows Mobile 5/6 phone with a valid US phone number.
* All participants MUST be present to receive the download.

Best,
The Skyfire Team
Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Betas are linked to a login so even having a .cab won't do you any good as you still need a valid e-mail address that was offered to take place in the beta to take part.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
If you live in the Bay Area, you might want to take advantage of this. I'm a beta tester 1 and received this email from skyfire.
------------------------

Hi , we're looking for your friends.

Do you have friends in the San Francisco Bay Area who want to get their hands on the Skyfire browser? We want to hear from them!

Friday, July 25th from 12:00pm - 2:00pm
We are having a casual lunch to get new user feedback. We are looking for 50 current Windows Mobile users who want to get into the Skyfire private beta ahead of the Beta 2 launch. If you have a friend in or near the Skyfire headquarters in Mountain View who can attend this luncheon, and would like to download our browser, please have them email us at info@skyfire.com with the following information.

Email Subject Line: New Friends of Skyfire Lunch

Name:
Email Address:
(The email address will be your Skyfire ID once you are invited into the beta; we are unable to change this for you)
Phone Number:
Phone Model:
Version of WM:

Requirements:

* Attendees must own a Windows Mobile 5/6 phone with a valid US phone number.
* All participants MUST be present to receive the download.

Best,
The Skyfire Team
I received this same email and will be there to finally ( after years of waiting it feels like) receive my skyfire download

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan