PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Lurker

hockeynut is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not downloading emails from exchange but connecting

I have a Sprint Mogul with WM6 and the latest ROM. I used to get my emails delivered to my phone instantly, even if my PC was off. I just installed the latest ROM update and since then, was not able to receive emails to my phone unless I had Outlook running on my PC.

After installing the ROM update, I tried a hard reset and set up the account again. I can connect, see that it says synchronzing 23/23 but they don't download to the phone. I also can't seem to synchronize my contacts with exchange, as they never download even with a USB connection and Outlook running. They will synchronize if I switch it to synch to my Work PC instead of Exchange though.

I mainly want my emails to be delivered to my phone when my work PC is off. Am I missing something in the setup? I'm able to connect to the server, Activesync on the phone even states Exchange Connected. I can see it downloading (or attempting to) all of the new emails as it said 23/23 and when I opened Outlook on my PC I had 23 new messages.

I have my schedule set to send emails as they arrive.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by hockeynut; 06-24-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Not downloading emails from exchange but connecting

I remember having a similar issue with my blackberry at work. is there a setting like pc gets priority, or if in conflict pc wins? if there is try making it so they don't talk to each other, or at least pop up a confirmation if you delete if from your phone and want it off your pc too. I think its in your active sync settings on the phone specifically.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockeynut is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I remember having a similar issue with my blackberry at work. is there a setting like pc gets priority, or if in conflict pc wins? if there is try making it so they don't talk to each other, or at least pop up a confirmation if you delete if from your phone and want it off your pc too. I think its in your active sync settings on the phone specifically.

I just tried changing those settings and it still won't synchronize. I'm really regretting updating the ROM now as sending/receiving emails is the primary reason I have this phone.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tarrant64 is a n00b

Try this:

I think it's in advanced where you actually check what it is you want to sync. Uncheck them(calendar, mail, contacts, etc.), and choose Sync.

Go back through the active sync options, recheck the mail, contacts, etc. you want to sync, and sync it again.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockeynut is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post
Try this:

I think it's in advanced where you actually check what it is you want to sync. Uncheck them(calendar, mail, contacts, etc.), and choose Sync.

Go back through the active sync options, recheck the mail, contacts, etc. you want to sync, and sync it again.
I tried that and now it seems to only download messages that have been read in OWA or Outlook, but new messages don't synchronize.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

By default I think Active Sync only gets messages form the past three days, which can sometimes cause an issue with getting emails at all. I have had this problem before myself, and this is what I did to fix it.

Start -> Programs -> ActiveSync

Menu -> Options

Highlight E-Mail under the Microsoft Exchange category. Click Settings...

Make sure it is set to the following on the first line...

Download the past: All (If yours already is set for All, change it, then after clicking OK all the way out, go back in and change it back to All again)

OK -> OK

Then click Sync and see if your emails come through.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockeynut is a n00b

It was set up to download the past 1 week so I changed it to all and synchronized and it still only downloaded the read messages. I looked on OWA and I have 7 new messages that haven't been synchronized yet.

I tried to delete the partnership/server from the phone and PC, rebooted both, and recreated the partnership, but it still doesn't send new messages.

Should I try another hard reset?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

it couldn't hurt, just make sure you have all your contacts/data on the phone you want to keep backed up. I am sure its just some doofy setting that is really easily missed. I cant tell you how many times I have done something similar with a re-install losing functionality
Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Blabber mouth

on second thought before doing the hard reset, check through your options on outlook on your computer. do you know what version of exchange is being used?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockeynut is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
on second thought before doing the hard reset, check through your options on outlook on your computer. do you know what version of exchange is being used?
I'm not sure of the Exchange version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan