PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Wireless

oodayvidoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VERIZON GPS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
when I activate garmin, my main clock resets to 8pm april something 2007. when the clock resyncs to the normal time (which takes 10 min or so...I can also manually sync te time) all or my alarms and calander warnings go off at one time (and I mean ALL...sometimes I get 20 to 30 prompts) All the alarms go off at one time. It is crazy and drives me crazy. I have to manually delete my appointments and turn off my alarms every day just to use the GPS. Any help or suggestions would be helpful for this stressful ALARM RINGING contraption
hey jackstraw... i had the same problem that you had and it pissed me off so bad cuz it was so damn annoying. but not i dont know what i did to fix it but i remember reading up on some gps thread on xda and they mentioned a couple of steps to fix it. one thing i did to significantly change that is deleting the GPS Intermediate Driver in your registry (HKLM/System/CurrentConrolSet/GPS Intermediate Driver) but dont quote me on this one... but that's just what i did. i only noticed that the time changed whenever you use Intermediate Driver as your GPS device. when i booted garmin up, it had to find a gps device and before i had the 3.42 radio it would never stay on Serial Port: COM 4, it would always go back to the Intermediate Driver which always caused the damn clock reset. hope that helps... we're all on the same boat. i would try switching to the 3.42 radio...

Last edited by oodayvidoo; 08-13-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Lurker

oodayvidoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooturbo View Post
I could not get the GPS or data connection to work under Verizon. I have tried multiple ROMs with the same result. I have also called Verizon tech support multiple times to resolve this issue. They have reset my aKey and my data service on their side with the same results. Ultimately 3rd tier support from Verizon said that his trace said there was something wrong with my device.

Ultimately, I have given up and asked for a replacement to be sent to me. I don't believe the new ROM's (nueChem or DCD) are a worthwhile investment of time on the Verizon xv6800.
did you try inputing your username and password under the connections area? i believe that your username is [yourphonenumber]@vzw3g.com and your pw: vzw

sometimes that stuff erases on me and i have to keep on putting it back in.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Lurker

oodayvidoo is a n00b

before having any launcher or primers, i never got crap! a lock would be nearly impossible and would have to wait about 30 min just to get a fix on satellites. i got pretty dayam desperate and got all the gps-related apps i could possible find. i use HTC QuickGPS to prime it, GPS Viewer + HTC GPS Tool to double prime it and it normally gets a lock within 5 min (sometimes it doesn't work so i have to soft reset my phone). then i even launch my gps apps (googlemaps, garmin xt) with AstroGPSLauncher and sometimes i still get nothing. GPS with verizon is like betting on black or red, basically it a 50/50 chance.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

it seems with the new radio getting locks is not difficult... i cant wait to see what its like with the new verizon update that should be out hopefully soon, however i dont expect it to be released at the end of the month like it is supposed to be... but we'll see
Old 08-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work

maybe its just placebo but after following the instructions in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417412) i am getting locks in less than 30 seconds... ill prime using GPS Viewer then once it sees about 4 or 5 sats ill cold start it and it will lock instantly
Old 08-18-2008, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

bumping..........
Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Good thread rhannahs. Always does suck to be the noob, informative threads always help.

It took me 3-5 minutes to get a lock when I was using the 3.27 radio. Down the road using 3.42 I get a look in 1-2 minutes on a cold start standing in one place. If I'm in a moving car it can take up to 5 minutes. Once it locks though, it stays locked.

As for programs, I use Pharos Ostia. I guess this is one of the lesser known ones, but I am very happy with it. granted, you're gonna need a powerful WM device, but the Titan runs it almost flawlessly. I purchased the software with a seperate USB satellite receiver for an older iPAQ I have mounted in my car, that takes about 3 minutes to lock as well and it is a completely different device running different radio and rom, so consider us to be doing well.

GPS Viewer is what I use to prime the gps. Used to use GPSce but that caused my device to lock up.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
Good thread rhannahs. Always does suck to be the noob, informative threads always help.

It took me 3-5 minutes to get a lock when I was using the 3.27 radio. Down the road using 3.42 I get a look in 1-2 minutes on a cold start standing in one place. If I'm in a moving car it can take up to 5 minutes. Once it locks though, it stays locked.

As for programs, I use Pharos Ostia. I guess this is one of the lesser known ones, but I am very happy with it. granted, you're gonna need a powerful WM device, but the Titan runs it almost flawlessly. I purchased the software with a seperate USB satellite receiver for an older iPAQ I have mounted in my car, that takes about 3 minutes to lock as well and it is a completely different device running different radio and rom, so consider us to be doing well.

GPS Viewer is what I use to prime the gps. Used to use GPSce but that caused my device to lock up.
if i read the correctly, you are using an external gps?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
if i read the correctly, you are using an external gps?
No, what i was trying to convery is that the reason I have the Pharos Ostia software is because I bought a package setup for $110 before the Titan came out (Software + Satellite receiver) for my iPAQ. I put the software on my Titan and it works well with the gps in the Titan.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

stemo76 is a n00b

with the latest radio I have very good locks outside but can't lock inside. here is what I found works well. I use tomtom 6 mostly and windows live search

Don't start the process in doors, it seems if you start off on the wrong foot it takes way longer to get a locks

I don't use a primer, to me the HTC GPS tools is just as finicky as the GPS apps.

If tomtom doesn't start getting data in 15 - 30 seconds I go through the config for the GPS, that works about half the time. If it doesn't I turn the phone off and back on and it will lock quick.

Not sure why the GPS gets locked up sometimes but for me turning the phone off and back on clears it up.

Once I have a solid lock I find that it holds pretty good even indoors

With the new radio which you can download from a link in my signature I get about 6 - 8 satallites outside with 4-6 constant locks, inside it does down to 2-3 locks, but if I am indoors I usually know where I am at

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan