PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How long does your battery last? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30017)

skimco 06-23-2008 09:35 PM

How long does your battery last?

WHAT KIND IS IT??????

I need more power!!!!!!!!!!!

[sammich] 06-23-2008 09:38 PM

Re: How long does your battery last?

I don't use my phone much for talking. I use the web and text for about 2 hrs a day. Maybe music for an hour, and MAYBE an hour of talking. 8AM-10PM, and I have about 40% remaining.

Stock battery

the evil i 06-23-2008 09:42 PM

i use my constantly and it goes for days. the trick is because it is a lithium battery you must wait til the battery is completely dead then charge it all the way. if you do this the battery life will double of your phone

shaggylive 06-23-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the evil i (Post 323513)
i use my constantly and it goes for days. the trick is because it is a lithium battery you must wait til the battery is completely dead then charge it all the way. if you do this the battery life will double of your phone

not to nitpick, but I just want to make sure correct information provided.

what the evil i is describing is battery conditioning. this is definitely a must for new batteries, however, only a couple of these cycles are needed. li-ion does not have the same memory issues as ni-cd & ni-mh. actually li-ion will last longer (year/month wise) if it is kept charged.

but yes, if you're having issues with battery life, try a few full discharge/charge cycles and go from there.

edit; btw, I make a point to condition my batteries a few times a year, and my mom is still using the factory battery on my old sanyo (mm7400) (bought in 05)

lol, edit 2,, on my mogul's i get between 4hrs and 2 days, depends on how much I use it. biggest drain=wifi next=cell/data ; gps and bluetooth drain the least. obviously the screen backlight drains what it does....

Medic 06-23-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 323509)
I don't use my phone much for talking. I use the web and text for about 2 hrs a day. Maybe music for an hour, and MAYBE an hour of talking. 8AM-10PM, and I have about 40% remaining.

Stock battery

Wow whats your secret...Thats some what of my usage, minus the listening to music and mine dies mid day. I've made a habit of always having either a car charger or wall charger. Any reg edits other than the battery hack?

[sammich] 06-23-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic (Post 323555)
Wow whats your secret...Thats some what of my usage, minus the listening to music and mine dies mid day. I've made a habit of always having either a car charger or wall charger. Any reg edits other than the battery hack?

Thats weird... I just use whatever comes with no2chem's ROMs. I also disable IR and don't use BT.

Maybe your battery is faulty. First, try completely draining it. I mean, wait till your phone dies, the remove the battery, put it back in, start up, wait for it do die again, repeat. Do this until it won't even boot up. Then let it charge COMPLETELY before removing it.

If that doesn't help at all, I would take it back to Sprint. They are pretty nice about giving you replacement batteries. They had no problem letting me keep my original while giving me another standard one.

Medic 06-23-2008 11:21 PM

I'm using DCD latest ROM and pretty much have stuck to his ROMs. I tried out n2c latest but was having the backlight issue so went back to DCD. I never use bluetooth and have IR off as well. My phone is about a year old so I don't think sprint would exchange the battery. I've had my battery die on me not on purpose though but regardless it died and I charged it up fully and still get the usual life out of my battery.

ppclover2 06-24-2008 12:24 AM

my battery lasts long...i text...A LOT...and im on the net so i use data connection often...calling thru out the day...dont charge it during the day...maybe have about 50-60 somethin percen left at the end of the day

backlight is usually at 40%...data connection off, beam off, reg tweaks, no2chem's 5067 rom...the battery life is pretty efficient...i can go 2 days w/o charging