PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I can't stand it anymore....whats the best extended battery out there????

My 2 bits on batteries.

After reading extensively on the forums, I decided on the Seidio 3200. Yes, it's more than various e-bay options, I wanted a case that would fit the extended size. Prior to buying it, I used to charge my phone nightly, and with heavy use, sometimes at work with a USB cable. Now I can go 2-3 days depending on usage; though it's usually less as I use wi-fi & bluetooth a lot as well as regular data.

The case for the 3200 does make it a lil' more difficult to click the OK button on the left side, but it's just a matter of getting used to it. I would note that any cover, specifically the full body invisible shield (which I had before ordering seidio) adds just enough thickness to prevent the tabs of the sedio case from locking in place.

They didn't cutout a slot for the little wrist strap attachment on the bottom left of the handset, have to do that myself. And I haven't found a belt case for it yet. The battery and case increase the thickness from 18 to 29mm.

Anyone have a suggestion for a holster, I'd be interested.

As for power cycling the battery, I have seen longer usage times after fully cycling lithiums 5-6 times. It's also recommended to fully discharge after every 25-30 charge cycles. This resets the battery "meter" so that it can more accurately reflect the remaining charge.

Comments / questions welcome.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch Pro

2Stormy is a n00b

I have purchased an extended life battery for both the 6700 and now for my 6800 from Seidio and have been very pleased w/both, findiing the promised battery life to be accurate. There are less expensive alternatives, but I haven't found them to provide as much battery life. Lastly, I have had no problems w/either phone using a Motorola charger.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stormy View Post
I have purchased an extended life battery for both the 6700 and now for my 6800 from Seidio and have been very pleased w/both, findiing the promised battery life to be accurate. There are less expensive alternatives, but I haven't found them to provide as much battery life. Lastly, I have had no problems w/either phone using a Motorola charger.
Have you tried the generic ones? i'm about to buy two extended and a desktop charger so I can charge the batteries and swap em every time my phone's low. This way I don't have to fuss with a charger everywhere i go (car, office, & home).
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

themirthfulswami is a n00b

I've recently acquired the Seidio 3500mAh battery and I must say that I'm extremely impressed with my battery life so far. With my normal usage, including being in my office for 8 hours a day where the signal is usually 1 bar or below, I can easily make it 3+ days without a charge (though with the Lithium that's not recommended, of course). If you can afford to fork over $70 for a battery, you can't go wrong with it.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch Pro

2Stormy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Have you tried the generic ones? i'm about to buy two extended and a desktop charger so I can charge the batteries and swap em every time my phone's low. This way I don't have to fuss with a charger everywhere i go (car, office, & home).

I also purchased a 2400mAH from daydeal.com for 36.99. It is a nice middle- ground life extension battery... a very good improvement over the basic w/not too much bulk/cost.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mromblad View Post
with li-ion batteries you actually want to keep them at a constant top off.

Basically, whenever you have a chance, charge it.

EDIT: also as to the charger. The Motorola mini-usb charger is a universal charger. I have used the charger from my bluetooth headset to charge my mogul. It is a standard charger that is put out. so whenever you see that kind of charger, it is 90 percent safe to assume it's fine to use. Always read first if you arent sure.
Agreed, all mini usb connections are universal as far as power output. The only difference is if you are actually plugged into a PC's USB port, then the power is limited. That's why the manual refers to it as a "trickle charge"
Old 07-20-2008, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Juicy rom R5

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff

Before reading this, I was using our GPS charger in the car to charge by Touch. I have noticed that my Touch can get very hot from doing this....I take it that I am overcharging my phone...or am I?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2008, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul / HTC Titan

msswitch is becoming a great contributor

Recently purchased and received a 2800mah battery and extended battery cover off ebay for $12.99 plus 2.99 shpg. Since it shipped to and from NJ I had to pay about a dollar and change in tax, but came out under $20. So far so good with the battery and the cover. Funny, the cover for the extended is more sturdy that the original battery cover. I searched the listings for the flat full rectangle extended cover with the little "feet" - actually tiny knobs that stick out on each corner. Some of the covers were slanted on two sides and I was afraid it would cause the phone to wobble a bit when laid on a flat surface on its back.

My thoughts: Great battery! Sturdy cover. Only about 1/4" extension - honestly, I expected much worse so I'm pleasantly surprised. The flat extended cover matches the phone perfectly and the phone still fits into my BodyGlove clear face pouch. But, most importanly, I can run BeeJive all day without draining my battery. Ya gotta love that

Last edited by msswitch; 07-26-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I have a stock battery my charge lasts more then all day, but I don't have push mail or my Yahoo checking every 2 hours. The only thing that runs on the data connection is WeatherToGo,but that only update twice a day. I did stream music to my Mogul when I had an office job, but I left it plugged in most of the day with out a problem.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

luis32744 is a n00b

yea battery life on the mogul sucks but hey with all the things you can do with it who cares........but an extended battery would be nice haaa!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan