PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Threaded Text Messages Resending Times! HELP

Hey Guys:

I have CodyPPC Threaded Text Messaging app installed on my Mogul. I have had severalk friends complaining that they are receiving my messages up to 4x back to back. I sent a message from my Mogul to my iC902 today and it only came once. I sent the same message to a friend who has the Instinct and he got it 4x. I sent the same message to another friend and she got it twice.

Anybody else having this problem?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bgeezy723 is just getting started
Re: Threaded Text Messages Resending Times! HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Hey Guys:

I have CodyPPC Threaded Text Messaging app installed on my Mogul. I have had severalk friends complaining that they are receiving my messages up to 4x back to back. I sent a message from my Mogul to my iC902 today and it only came once. I sent the same message to a friend who has the Instinct and he got it 4x. I sent the same message to another friend and she got it twice.

Anybody else having this problem?
Yes, this is a very well known problem. I encountered it months ago, where my friends would mention that they were receiving my text message multiple times. I then got on here and did a search (not a bad idea before you make a thread) and saw where someone had posted that leaving the program running at all times would alleviate the problem. I tried that, asked friends who had been complaining, and none of them were receiving multiple texts from me. I still ended up uninstalling this past week though because I was missing text messages from people (15 total messages). So I am dealing with the horrible stock texting right now, hope this helps.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

For those who want threaded texting, you could always take the plunge for a custom ROM with WM 6.1...thus far, I have found this implementation to work great.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800
Carrier: sprint

thakidc is keeping up the good workthakidc is keeping up the good work

Is there any chance of getting the 6.1 threaded text poted over? I see people posting asking for it and mods shut down the thread. Its not as easy as flash another rom for me I only have access to my buddies computer and will probably not be able to flash to 6.1, so i really hope ts "port"able. Does anyone know?
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeezy723 View Post
Yes, this is a very well known problem. I encountered it months ago, where my friends would mention that they were receiving my text message multiple times. I then got on here and did a search (not a bad idea before you make a thread) and saw where someone had posted that leaving the program running at all times would alleviate the problem. I tried that, asked friends who had been complaining, and none of them were receiving multiple texts from me. I still ended up uninstalling this past week though because I was missing text messages from people (15 total messages). So I am dealing with the horrible stock texting right now, hope this helps.
Thanks for the headsup. I knew I should have searched first. Any chance there is a reqistry hack to allow the porgram to run in the background even if you close all apps with Ooxis or SK Tools?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan