PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Threaded Text Messages Resending Times! HELP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30007)

shaun0207 06-23-2008 07:56 PM

Threaded Text Messages Resending Times! HELP

Hey Guys:

I have CodyPPC Threaded Text Messaging app installed on my Mogul. I have had severalk friends complaining that they are receiving my messages up to 4x back to back. I sent a message from my Mogul to my iC902 today and it only came once. I sent the same message to a friend who has the Instinct and he got it 4x. I sent the same message to another friend and she got it twice.

Anybody else having this problem?

bgeezy723 06-23-2008 10:10 PM

Re: Threaded Text Messages Resending Times! HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 323407)
Hey Guys:

I have CodyPPC Threaded Text Messaging app installed on my Mogul. I have had severalk friends complaining that they are receiving my messages up to 4x back to back. I sent a message from my Mogul to my iC902 today and it only came once. I sent the same message to a friend who has the Instinct and he got it 4x. I sent the same message to another friend and she got it twice.

Anybody else having this problem?

Yes, this is a very well known problem. I encountered it months ago, where my friends would mention that they were receiving my text message multiple times. I then got on here and did a search (not a bad idea before you make a thread) and saw where someone had posted that leaving the program running at all times would alleviate the problem. I tried that, asked friends who had been complaining, and none of them were receiving multiple texts from me. I still ended up uninstalling this past week though because I was missing text messages from people (15 total messages). So I am dealing with the horrible stock texting right now, hope this helps.

gsvnet 06-23-2008 10:44 PM

For those who want threaded texting, you could always take the plunge for a custom ROM with WM 6.1...thus far, I have found this implementation to work great.

thakidc 06-23-2008 11:05 PM

Is there any chance of getting the 6.1 threaded text poted over? I see people posting asking for it and mods shut down the thread. Its not as easy as flash another rom for me I only have access to my buddies computer and will probably not be able to flash to 6.1, so i really hope ts "port"able. Does anyone know?

shaun0207 06-23-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgeezy723 (Post 323543)
Yes, this is a very well known problem. I encountered it months ago, where my friends would mention that they were receiving my text message multiple times. I then got on here and did a search (not a bad idea before you make a thread) and saw where someone had posted that leaving the program running at all times would alleviate the problem. I tried that, asked friends who had been complaining, and none of them were receiving multiple texts from me. I still ended up uninstalling this past week though because I was missing text messages from people (15 total messages). So I am dealing with the horrible stock texting right now, hope this helps.

Thanks for the headsup. I knew I should have searched first. Any chance there is a reqistry hack to allow the porgram to run in the background even if you close all apps with Ooxis or SK Tools?