PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Mr.Brandon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows live search with VOICE RECOGNITION

has anyone gotten and tried the new live search with voice recognition? I bought the INSTINCT and the live search/navigation is seamless. I want to go back to my mogul but that is the only drawback, the VR and navi is sooo awsome I want to keep it. unless I know that with the new software that the mogul is just as seamless, I don't know if I'll give SPRINT the instinct back even though the bluetooth capabilities aren't as good on the instinct, no actual ringers in our ear or navigation directions over bluetooth. you can download it at wls.live.com straight from your moguls browser. somebody try it and let me know please.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Windows live search with VOICE RECOGNITION

I'll try it for you right now. Downloading...
Old 06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Actually I already had the latest version, which shows how much I use it. Anyway, the voice recognition worked fine for me, including via my BT. Dump that Instinct crap and come back to the Mogul!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mr.Brandon is a n00b

so you already had it where all you have to do is talk, it finds it for you based on your current GPS location? You didn't have to go through the "use my current location" thing and open up SPRINT navi? id did all that automatically one you selected "directions to here"? or did it require you to do things and prompt it?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: At&t

jrflurry is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jrflurry

This version of live search has been around for awhile now....
Old 06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrflurry View Post
This version of live search has been around for awhile now....
Yes it has because I added it to my kitchen a couple of weeks ago when I flashed and just now fired it up for the first time.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mr.Brandon is a n00b

but what I'm asking is, is it as seamless and easy to use on the MOGUL as it is on the Instinct?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brandon View Post
but what I'm asking is, is it as seamless and easy to use on the MOGUL as it is on the Instinct?
Since I do not, nor will I ever, own an Instinct, I cannot compare the "seamlessness" of it. I know that it worked just fine, very smoothly, on my Titan. I used GPS lock, found a Burger King with voice recognition, and then had it plot directions to the Burger King for me, again with voice recognition.

"Seamless" enough for you?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOT ic902 temoporarily, but Mogul Permanantly
Carrier: Sprint

TrueArsenic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
"Seamless" enough for you?
lmao.. that's all i'm gonna say...

And ditto on not owning an instinct. (I refrained from using the crass nickname we have for it around the office that sounds a lot like "Instinct")

Thanks though Rainfreak, i'm gonna download that to my mogul asap.. didn't know live search would do all that for me.. i actually have never used it..
Old 06-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueArsenic View Post
lmao.. that's all i'm gonna say...

And ditto on not owning an instinct. (I refrained from using the crass nickname we have for it around the office that sounds a lot like "Instinct")

Thanks though Rainfreak, i'm gonna download that to my mogul asap.. didn't know live search would do all that for me.. i actually have never used it..
Yeah, I never used it either, though I did add it to my kitchen to check it out, then forgot to do so. Now that I have tried it out, I like it a lot. IMHO, I think it is actually quite a bit nicer than Google Maps on several aspects.

As for my sarcasm, it is one of those days for me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan