PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6900/6800 exact same cpu? Is it true Dual core?

Hey guys... i'm looking to upgrade my 6700 soon. its been good to me.. i wasnt using it for awhile but in feb i came across the new wm6.1 kitchen and i was back using it like crazy... spending hours tooling with it ... (many hours in vain trying to get C&C to run!) The most important thing to me is cpu power, and maybe 3d acceleration.

When i read the titan then the touch used 400mhz qualcomms i dismissed them as at similarly spec'd processors as my 416mhz 6700. i shouldve read more into it, ive heard these new dual cores are great. Now i can understand how a redesigned cpu running at the same mhz can be a lot faster look at how a 2Ghz CoreDuo destroyed a 3.4Ghz Pentium4 but are these real dual cores? I dont get how you take a Cpu make it a virtual dual core but only give 133mhz to the 2nd processor.

I have multiple guesses but i know im wrong , can anyone explain to me how it works? Was my old 6700's 400mhz cpu constantly drained of a good amount of processing power by my phone? I never noticed a big increase in power by turning the phone feature off. And also anyway to apply the phones cpu to our ppc tasks while disabling the phone (or not if possible)? That would be killer... i realy want to get this thing moving for gaming and other tasks. That would be great if they put a thumb dial on the top of the pda, maybe one like the PSP's analog stick that could be pressed in and popped out so it wouldnt interfere when your taking calls.

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 06-22-2008 at 11:21 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan