PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the Touch a Better Phone even without a Sliding Keyboard and Wi-Fi?
Yes it has 128mb of ram, and it has a higher model number 6900 vs 6800 for the mogul 10 17.24%
Yes It does not have the "white spots" to drive me nuts 0 0%
No, it needs wifi, sliding keyboad 45 77.59%
whats a touch? is it dirty? 5 8.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb How to get rid of the famous "White Spots" on your Titan

Ok i have devised 2 ways to once and for all get rid of the famous "white spots" on the mogul once and for all.

1. take sledge hammer to phone.... (just kidding)

2. get over to your local coporate sprint repair store
2a. Speak with the Store manager
2b. Explaine like i did how i am on my third mogul and it has the same issue
2c. When store manager says its a known problem and all have the issue tell the manager to get you into a phone that does not have the issue like the Touch or Q9c (non touch screen)
2d. Reason with them that there is no way htc designed the phone with the white spot
2e. Sprint is now replacing the mogul for me with the touch. Should get it next week.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Re: How to get rid of the famous "White Spots" on your Titan

heh who cares about the white spots? the fact that you went through 3 moguls trying to get rid of them is a little disturbing when you knew it was a problem with all moguls. not to mention they are only visible when the screen is totally white....
Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
heh who cares about the white spots? the fact that you went through 3 moguls trying to get rid of them is a little disturbing when you knew it was a problem with all moguls. not to mention they are only visible when the screen is totally white....

Your right it is "Distrubing" that Sprint sells a known defective phone. It is not just an issue on white colors, any light color like gray does it too...

I finally got sprint to replace it with a Touch.... It is disturbing that sprint will not either pull this phone and replace it with a the 700wx and say we are pulling the mogul it is a piece of junk in regards to the screen. We will reimburse anyone 100 times what they paid for it...

It is just so silly.... that sprint sells this phone with a knowen defect..... In the automotive world they would of had to recall the product.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

The mogul was a POS when it came out with 64mb RAM anyways. They designed it around WM5 and simply skimped on changing out the $5 chip and figured let the customer deal with the low memory. Sketchy, but you can deal with it (not myself)

The screen is inexcusable. Its very clearly a defect in the screen, but i promise you will never ever see Sprint or HTC address it. The mogul is going EOL pretty soon with the Touch Pro coming out to replace it and Sprint/HTC already have your money so they really couldnt care less at this point.

take the touch youll be much happier. The mogul could have been great but they really screwed it up bad in critical areas. Ill deal with no keyboard for now to have a non-crappy device.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
The mogul was a POS when it came out with 64mb RAM anyways. They designed it around WM5 and simply skimped on changing out the $5 chip and figured let the customer deal with the low memory. Sketchy, but you can deal with it (not myself)

The screen is inexcusable. Its very clearly a defect in the screen, but i promise you will never ever see Sprint or HTC address it. The mogul is going EOL pretty soon with the Touch Pro coming out to replace it and Sprint/HTC already have your money so they really couldnt care less at this point.

take the touch youll be much happier. The mogul could have been great but they really screwed it up bad in critical areas. Ill deal with no keyboard for now to have a non-crappy device.
i agree with you. The Titan could of been so much better if it had the same amount of ram as the Touch or more ram. I'd say 256mb since the touch has 128mb.
What is going on with the screen white spots and the whole video driver issues is inexcusable. I'm taking the touch and will place the leaked 6.1 of WM on it. I dont like custom roms, they tend to take stuff out that i like like Windows Live and if i down load it from ms it does not include messenger since only sprint can decided if they want the windows live with messenger. i use live to backup my contacts. Though i have been using www.dashwire.com
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Right!!...............
Old 06-22-2008, 12:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC ERIS
Carrier: VZW

binny1070 is a n00b

vzw replaced my 6800 for a touch I loving it so far but I miss the slide out keyboard
Old 06-22-2008, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

xj.archaeologist is a n00b

What?! I couldn't f'ing get my phone to make a call, and Sprint wouldn't replace it worth crap! I had to wait for 2 hours in an online chat (since I couldn't call them and the nearest store is 1 hour away), and the tech said that the Touch was OOS and I'd have to wait a month. BS, SPRINT!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post

I had a Touch and traded it for a Mogul. I couldn't be happier. I had the Touch for around 5 months.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

gotta love the 3 refurb deal
strangely I am about to get a refurb from verizon (overheating, calls not coming through and there was something else I don't remember but at any rate) but the mogul couldve been a fantastic phone if there were more ram and time was taken to perfect wm6 instead of just saying here (to make us happy)
regardless...
on to refurb 1...hopefully they suck and then I will be on touch island soon
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan