PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I can't disable encryption on my Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29837)

lightninjay 06-21-2008 07:08 PM

I can't disable encryption on my Titan

Whenever I go into the settings> system> Encryption tab, uncheck the "Encrypt files when placed on a storage card", and hit ok, it just rechecks itself when I go back to look. Even when I take my card out and uncheck this option it reverts back to encrypting. I looked through the registry edits and did a search for "Flash card encryption" through the forum search and came back with nothing related to my problem.

Any suggestions?

I'm running a cooked 3.49.651.0 ROM with radio 03.37.20

lightninjay 06-22-2008 07:26 PM

Re: I can't disable encryption on my Titan

Can anyone help me with this?

thakidc 06-22-2008 08:22 PM

Sounds like you have a serious problem did you try a hard reset yet may be your solution if not try another rom flash and see if that works. Does that encryption lock your files to the sd i never knew what it was for so i never touched it

lightninjay 06-22-2008 08:24 PM

Well, I've reflashed this same rom several times because of several messups when I was building the OEM and such in the kitchen.

It's based off of the stock 3.49 PPCKitchen Titan ROM

I'm not sure if it did the same on the other times I had the rom so I SUPPOSE I could try a hard reset but I kind of doubt it will fix the issue.

thakidc 06-22-2008 09:02 PM

It would'nt hurt to try but of course back up important files! Maybe have a fellow mogul user flash your rom and see if its within the rom, did you try recooking the rom? I would test your rom myself but do not own a pc. Try having someone test it, then try reflashing it, then try recooking it, then try an official rom, THEN, if none of that works, smash your mogul and go claim the insurance. Sorry you have such bad luck with your mogul. Report back your results.

snovvman 06-23-2008 01:46 AM

I just noticed the same with my Touch. It is running one of the cooked 6.1 ROMs.

BanditBoy 08-20-2008 04:17 PM

Same problem here. I cook a ROM with 3.56.651.0 and I can't get rid of this. Somebody know someting about this? Please!

BanditBoy 08-21-2008 09:49 AM

Any help?

This_Is_Hibby 08-21-2008 09:52 AM

its the same for me dont worry they dont really encrypt. this is hibby50

~ The Hibster

shaggylive 08-21-2008 10:25 AM

sorry I didn't see this tread sooner... hibster's right.. I believe most custom roms actually have this disabled..(even thought the option may show otherwise)

if your pc can read the card it's not encrypted..

Quote:

Originally Posted by This_Is_Hibby (Post 389757)
its the same for me dont worry they dont really encrypt. this is hibby50

~ The Hibster