PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DeMiNe0 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul Capslock Light stuck on

Hey guys!

I'm starting to really loose my cool with sprint. About 2 weeks ago all the buttons on the front of my mogul decided they would stop working. I went and bought this into sprint and the repair center (Just one person, which is nice because i kind of get personalized service now :P) ordered a replacement for me. It took about a week for this replacement to be ordered. When i got the replacement, I found that some of the buttons on the keyboard didn't work, and the touchscreen wasn't very sensitive. I bought it back to the store, and the repair center once again ordered a new one. This one took another week to come in... 2 weeks now.

This one seems to work perfectly... except for one minor issue, that drives me nuts.... The Capslocks light stays on... ALL THE TIME... even when the phone is TURNED OFF... Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but there are two things that bother me with this....
1. I'm a Linux server admin for a company that deals with many clients. When im on the road i access these servers via my phone. Almost all of the passwords are case sensitive. I use capslock ALOT in my passwords, and when i can't see what i'm typeing (Because passwords come up as ****) it gets really frustrating .
2. I have a feeling that after awhile that light always being on might take a toll on the battery life...

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how to fix this problem.
I've tried a hard reset, and I've actually completely reflashed the rom to the latest.

If there is no fix, do you know if I could somehow get them to get me a new phone right away without having to wait another 1 week for a new one?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:35 AM
DV8
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

DV8 is keeping up the good workDV8 is keeping up the good work
Re: Mogul Capslock Light stuck on

Check to make sure the software keyboard doesn't have the caps lock on. I have had this same issue with my xv6800 and have found that the caps lock is on my resco keyboard pro, once I turned it off everything is back to normal. Hope this helps.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

DeMiNe0 is just getting started

It was a hardware issue.

I went and called around to a few of the repair stores around here listed on sprints site, and found one that had service moguls in stock. Went in and get a replacement same day.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

corporate sprint stores will usually have them in stock - 3rd party repair centers may not...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan