PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nuguy's Dirty WeatherPanel Fix for No2Chem's 5067

Nuguy's Dirty WeatherPanel Fix for No2Chem's 5067 on the Titan/xv6800/Mogul

None of the files are mine, this is not my work, this is my techique that might work for you too.

Backup your device first - I had to hard reset several times to get this to work.

To be honest, what I did is a bit convoluted:

Installed the latest from weatherpanel.net (storyr's site?) to the card, copied all my old files that I had saved from a previous install (just had the auth fix, not moon, or hourly update) into both the "program files/marsware /weatherpanel" directories (phone and card) then threw in the hourly update dll to both directories as well.

This is about as sloppy of a fix as I could have done, but it did/does work.

TRY TO GET A SUCCESSFUL WHEATHER UPDATE..

If you cannot get the screen to update with real weather info - do not reboot - unless you disable the plugin from the today screen/UL, or anything else...

My experience is if the update works - no lock at boot.

If the update does not work - disable the plugin if you want to boot.

If you don't get it working, reply to this thread...

(file to follow-needed thread url for readme.txt)

http://rapidshare.com/files/12404454...Mogul.zip.html

File Up!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590

Last edited by nuguy; 06-21-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: File Up!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
reserved...

Last edited by nuguy; 06-21-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

Re: Nuguy's Dirty WeatherPanel Fix for No2Chem's 5067

File up....
Old 06-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
Nuguy's Dirty WeatherPanel Fix for No2Chem's 5067 on the Titan/xv6800/Mogul

None of the files are mine, this is not my work, this is my techique that might work for you too.

Backup your device first - I had to hard reset several times to get this to work.

To be honest, what I did is a bit convoluted:

Installed the latest from weatherpanel.net (storyr's site?) to the card, copied all my old files that I had saved from a previous install (just had the auth fix, not moon, or hourly update) into both the "program files/marsware /weatherpanel" directories (phone and card) then threw in the hourly update dll to both directories as well.

This is about as sloppy of a fix as I could have done, but it did/does work.

TRY TO GET A SUCCESSFUL WHEATHER UPDATE..

If you cannot get the screen to update with real weather info - do not reboot - unless you disable the plugin from the today screen/UL, or anything else...

My experience is if the update works - no lock at boot.

If the update does not work - disable the plugin if you want to boot.

If you don't get it working, reply to this thread...

(file to follow-needed thread url for readme.txt)

http://rapidshare.com/files/12404454...Mogul.zip.html

File Up!

Nuguy - thanks a ton for the effort.. still not happening for me.
I installed the cab, and then manually moved the folder structures to both device and storage card weatherpanel directories.
i was able to then get a successul update no problem..
but once reboot, it hung on the 3rd splash screen as usual.

the only thing i couldnt find from your directions, was the Hourly update DLL ? i saw the Mortscript hourly data fix file, but no DLL.. maybe thats the magic pill ?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

Nickles: Sorry to hear that...

1) had you been getting successful updates prior to trying this method?

2) the hourly update dll is in the directories already, try running the link in the windows startup directory after you get a successfull update, then update again.

3) are you restoring anything after the hard reset, or just trying to get WP working first (get wp working first).

4) have you tried s-k-tools, or memaid to see if you have some nasty reg entries? I am always checking and cleaning, perhaps that could have made a difference.

5) maybe try a nice simple WP theme to get going, not the phat finger, or larger ones, might make a difference...

Last edited by nuguy; 06-21-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: 1 more
Old 06-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

ya, i was never having a problem getting actual updates, even with any of the other versions i've tried.. i'll crack open SK Tools and poke around.. i do notice that whenever i install a 'new' version of WP, it seems to carry over my city settings from the previous try (which i uninstall of course) - but they are obviously still hanging on in the device somewhere...

so with that said, i have only un-installed and re-installed each time.. i'm not ready for a hard reset yet.. that could very well be my ticket though...

i'm going to keep your version on, and just simply remove it from my Today screen before i soft reset or shut down for the night.
i use SPB Pocket Plus, and i have Weatherpanel as one of the tabs... it's extremely simple to just 'disable' that tab.. so i'll do that before i shut down each time.. (it's actually faster that opening up today, clicking the 'items' tab, then unchecking WP)...

hey, it's a cluster, but it'll have to do me.. since i love WP so much, i'm OK with it .

thanks again for your help.. this will be the first thing i try (again), when i do my next hard reset...
Hope it also helps some other folks... anyone else, please post back results !!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

Well I don't know then, sorry it didn't help.

Anyone else have feedback?
Old 06-22-2008, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Odd, I have never had weatherpanel lock up on 5067 or any other No2Chem rom. The only time weatherpanel locked up on me was when I installed it over UC. I manually install and I use the cab below with no issues. I am on DCD's rom do to bluetooth issues on No2Chems 5069 for me.

Try this cab and see if it still locks up for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WP_Fixed.CAB.zip (2.04 MB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thegameksk is a n00b

I did have that reboot problem. I hard resetted and installed it agin. I was getting updates after using the program the first poster in the thread posted. I rebooted and it locked up again on the third screen. I hard resetted again and installed again. Now it says weatherpanel has no data for this city. Please connect to the internet to download updated data. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
I did have that reboot problem. I hard resetted and installed it agin. I was getting updates after using the program the first poster in the thread posted. I rebooted and it locked up again on the third screen. I hard resetted again and installed again. Now it says weatherpanel has no data for this city. Please connect to the internet to download updated data. Any ideas? Thanks.
Are you using the cab I posted above? It never locks up on me with that cab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan