PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon rep gave me an actual A-Key

The other day when I called back for the 4th or so time to get a new a key, lol, the guy gave me an actual a key. Every other instance I've read of and heard the a key is left blank and they reset it on their end, but this time he had me do ##778 and go to the a key setting and type in a 20 digit number. Does this mean that I'll never have to call back and get a new A key whenever I update my radio?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Re: Verizon rep gave me an actual A-Key

Did you write it down? I only lost the a-key the first time I upgraded the radio, from 1.+ to 3.3+. A second upgrade didn't create problems, but the a-key wasn't visable after that, from what i can remember.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
Did you write it down? I only lost the a-key the first time I upgraded the radio, from 1.+ to 3.3+. A second upgrade didn't create problems, but the a-key wasn't visable after that, from what i can remember.
****, you're right, it's not visible, I should have wrote it down. Damnit.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
****, you're right, it's not visible, I should have wrote it down. Damnit.
that's what I thought too when I didn't write it down!! oh well... live and learn.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

see this
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16886

Here's how to get your MSL Unlock Code to edit the settings found under "Dialer Codes" (##code#)#) mentioned earlier.
0. Download GetSPC http://rapidshare.com/files/86837140/GetSPC.zip

Instructions:
1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device.
2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code".

INSTALL FROM MEMORY CARD********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
To do this there are 3 steps:

First take the .exe file and open it with winrar (its a program, google it). There will be a file 3.16.nbh extract that and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh

Next format a microSD card with FAT 32 (required most are fat16 default) and copy the file TITAIMG.nbh to the root of the sd card(the main page, not inside ANY folders) with a card reader.

Finally place sdcard in device and reset into bootloader mode (HOLD POWER, CAMERA AND HIT RESET AT SAME TIME). The flash will proceed from the SD card and it should work fine. Enjoy!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
see this
INSTALL FROM MEMORY CARD********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************

First take the .exe file and open it with winrar (its a program, google it). There will be a file 3.16.nbh extract that and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh

Next format a microSD card with FAT 32 (required most are fat16 default) and copy the file TITAIMG.nbh to the root of the sd card(the main page, not inside ANY folders) with a card reader.

Finally place sdcard in device and reset into bootloader mode (HOLD POWER, CAMERA AND HIT RESET AT SAME TIME). The flash will proceed from the SD card and it should work fine. Enjoy!
Sorry Mój znajomy, but what does this second part do exactly?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
see this
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16886

Here's how to get your MSL Unlock Code to edit the settings found under "Dialer Codes" (##code#)#) mentioned earlier.
0. Download GetSPC http://rapidshare.com/files/86837140/GetSPC.zip

Instructions:
1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device.
2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code".

Quote:
Sorry Mój znajomy, but what does this second part do exactly?
no no, do not worry about this.. that is for SPRINT only. (the MSL unlock code)
our Verizon unlock codes are always '000000'...
this is for the EPST settings where the VZW rep had you go in, to insert the new aKey..
and no, having the actual akey number won't do you any good.. it's only for use that one time and can not be re-used..

it looks like the second part of his message is part of his signature ? and is just a set of instructions to flash a new ROM direct from your SD card, instead of via your PC and ActiveSync.. doesn't have anything to do with the unlock code, or aKey or anything..

my experience has been only when flashing a new RADIO, do i need to call for the new aKey... ROM flashes (like DCD, No2, etc.. ) you don't need to worry about it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
no no, do not worry about this.. that is for SPRINT only. (the MSL unlock code)
our Verizon unlock codes are always '000000'...
this is for the EPST settings where the VZW rep had you go in, to insert the new aKey..
and no, having the actual akey number won't do you any good.. it's only for use that one time and can not be re-used..

it looks like the second part of his message is part of his signature ? and is just a set of instructions to flash a new ROM direct from your SD card, instead of via your PC and ActiveSync.. doesn't have anything to do with the unlock code, or aKey or anything..

my experience has been only when flashing a new RADIO, do i need to call for the new aKey... ROM flashes (like DCD, No2, etc.. ) you don't need to worry about it.
Once again, thank you Nickles, fabulous help.

I think what I'll do is upgrade the ROM and leave the older radio I have running (3.27). I can always upgrade that later, right?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Once again, thank you Nickles, fabulous help.

I think what I'll do is upgrade the ROM and leave the older radio I have running (3.27). I can always upgrade that later, right?
well..... somtimes the newer custom roms actually require the 3.35 radio..
you should really up the radio.. the 3.27 was the 'leaked' radio, and by the time it because 'official', it was revved to 3.35.. (thank you to PPC_N00B for that nugget of info )
i seem to recall you had some difficulty with your last upgrade, maybe even had to swap out phones and whatnot.... if you are starting with a fresh device, i'd REALLY recommend you step it right up to the 3.35 radio... then try a No2Chem rom.. GREAT combo !

OH ! and don't forget -- don't let the customizations run !!!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
well..... somtimes the newer custom roms actually require the 3.35 radio..
you should really up the radio.. the 3.27 was the 'leaked' radio, and by the time it because 'official', it was revved to 3.35.. (thank you to PPC_N00B for that nugget of info )
i seem to recall you had some difficulty with your last upgrade, maybe even had to swap out phones and whatnot.... if you are starting with a fresh device, i'd REALLY recommend you step it right up to the 3.35 radio... then try a No2Chem rom.. GREAT combo !

OH ! and don't forget -- don't let the customizations run !!!
For the most part it's fresh. All I did was up to the DCD 2.1.0 rom and 3.27 radio. The rom seems to use more memory than any other I have heard of and it's a bit buggy. II'm going to up the rom and radio since it seems like a good idea.

I did have some serious trouble last time, due to no other fault than my own. I ended up getting a new phone from verizon and I have the refurb they sent me sitting here waiting to be sent back.

Here's the thing: the refurb has already been taken apart and the void sticker broken. I have a unique opportunity to take this refurb apart before I send it back and swap out the earpiece on it and put it on my new one which seems to have a crackle in the background. I can also gains ome good learning experience about the XV6800.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan