PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
program to manage SMS tones?

I can't seem to find anything that allows me to assign SMS tones to different people. I used to use photo contacts pro and that worked, but recently it quit working for no apparent reason. It would automatically change my default to a quick beep instead of what was assigned. I have phone suite but didn't see where I could assign sms tones to different people. Ring tones yes, but not SMS. I'm also using Inesoft contacts and can't find where to assign SMS tones, only ring tones. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: program to manage SMS tones?

Check out MortRing. It is small, free, and you can setup different tones for calls and text messages by person.

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=view&entry=63
Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

KuRuPtIoN is a n00b

I use Ringo Mobile on my phone. It probably does the same thing that the guy above me posted, except you have to pay for Ringo.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Check out MortRing. It is small, free, and you can setup different tones for calls and text messages by person.

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=view&entry=63
Ok so I'm impatient! I went to the link provided earlier today, downloaded the app and just now installed it. I went back to the link b/c I can't figure out where to put the tones to be picked up for SMS. I have all my tones on my storage card and it picks it up for the ringers, but not SMS. Well... site is down! And since I'm impatient... can you tell me where to put the tones so it will see them for the SMS? Thanks!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
Ok so I'm impatient! I went to the link provided earlier today, downloaded the app and just now installed it. I went back to the link b/c I can't figure out where to put the tones to be picked up for SMS. I have all my tones on my storage card and it picks it up for the ringers, but not SMS. Well... site is down! And since I'm impatient... can you tell me where to put the tones so it will see them for the SMS? Thanks!
The SMS ringtones are picked up from the \windows directory..
plop some in there and see what happens.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
The SMS ringtones are picked up from the \windows directory..
plop some in there and see what happens.
nope didn't work. put several in there and even after a soft reset, mortring doesn't show them as an option for SMS tones for contacts. (website is back up and I looked there but didn't find my answer either)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan