PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Backup Help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29748)

BigRedGonzo 06-20-2008 08:42 AM

Backup Help

I have searched and can't find the answer that I'm looking for so here's the question.

I missread a thread the other day and tried something and screwed my phone up, the radio to be exact. To undo the misdeed, I had to reflash the ROM. Then I had to reinstall all of my crap. Now the question....

What is the best ( I realize that this will be very opinionated, but sell me on something ) back-up software for Pocke PC? What I want to be able to do is back-up the device before trying something and when and if what I try doesn't work and a re-flash is called for, be able to restore the back-ups and be back to where I started. I already know that if I flash to a new ROM, it probably is of no use, but if I screw up (and I'm good at doing that) at least I won't have to reinstall everything again to get back up and running.

Anybody have any opinions?

BigRedGonzo

fredcatsmommy 06-20-2008 10:09 AM

Re: Backup Help

I prefer spb backup, and they just came out with a new version, with more features. I've found it to be reliable. So much so that I bought the upgrade right after it came out.

BigRedGonzo 06-20-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy (Post 320321)
I prefer spb backup, and they just came out with a new version, with more features. I've found it to be reliable. So much so that I bought the upgrade right after it came out.

I have Pocket Plus and Phone Suite from spb and like them a lot. Of course, I'm very new to this and am still have a bit of trepidation about "messing" with the phone, but I'll get there someday. I will give spb Back-Up a try and see how it works for me.

Another question, if I have ROM X loaded and flash to ROM Y and end up going back. Will the original ROM X back-ups get me back to the original state?

BigRedGonzo

fredcatsmommy 06-20-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedGonzo (Post 320438)
I have Pocket Plus and Phone Suite from spb and like them a lot. Of course, I'm very new to this and am still have a bit of trepidation about "messing" with the phone, but I'll get there someday. I will give spb Back-Up a try and see how it works for me.

Another question, if I have ROM X loaded and flash to ROM Y and end up going back. Will the original ROM X back-ups get me back to the original state?

BigRedGonzo

I think with spb backup 2.0 it will; there's an option to overwrite the rom. I've not tried it yet but that sounds like what I've read.

aznmode 06-20-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedGonzo (Post 320438)

BigRedGonzo

If you go back to ROM X and you have a saved back up of ROM X and restore that, then yes it gets you back to your original when you had ROM X.

Now if you have ROM Y and you use a backup from ROM X then you most likely will have issues.