PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Disable hardware buttons? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29741)

x10guy 06-20-2008 02:18 AM

Disable hardware buttons?

Just curious. Is there a utility to temporarily disable the Hardware buttons on the mogul?

The reason I ask is because when I go running and put my Mogul in my armband, the fit is pretty snug (which I like because it doesn't move around).
Unfortunately, often when I try to re-adjust the band or do anything, one of the buttons get accidentally pressed and I end up having to take it completely off and quit the program that the button invoked.

I know I can manually assign all the buttons in the Settings, but that is a pain.

I just wondered if there was a utility that you could manually toggle On and Off the Hardware buttons...

Thanks

c@rL0$ 06-20-2008 02:35 AM

Re: Disable hardware buttons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 320161)
Just curious. Is there a utility to temporarily disable the Hardware buttons on the mogul?

The reason I ask is because when I go running and put my Mogul in my armband, the fit is pretty snug (which I like because it doesn't move around).
Unfortunately, often when I try to re-adjust the band or do anything, one of the buttons get accidentally pressed and I end up having to take it completely off and quit the program that the button invoked.

I know I can manually assign all the buttons in the Settings, but that is a pain.

I just wondered if there was a utility that you could manually toggle On and Off the Hardware buttons...

Thanks

Why not just put the phone in standby but have it lock too? Or use S2U2.

sandiegodude 06-20-2008 04:43 AM

I second that motion.
Lock your device. Your situation is a perfect example of when to use software like "slide 2 unlock"
I had it but never needed to use it. it looks like you do.

gator2k83 06-20-2008 07:08 AM

I third that motion... However with one inclusion if you are using it to listen to your music also pur S2P on there all the harware buttons will still be disabled during the lock but u can change the tracks via on screen keys only.

x10guy 06-20-2008 11:12 AM

I forgot to mention that I use
Mymotion (GPS program to track time, distance, speed, etc) while listening to my music.

I'll certainly give it a try the next time I run, but putting S2U2 on might interfere with the operation of Mymotion. (ie, viewing the screen data at a glance)

c@rL0$ 06-20-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 320374)
I forgot to mention that I use
Mymotion (GPS program to track time, distance, speed, etc) while listening to my music.

I'll certainly give it a try the next time I run, but putting S2U2 on might interfere with the operation of Mymotion. (ie, viewing the screen data at a glance)

With the newer version of S2U2 you can make some registry changes that creates exceptions for programs.

Meaning that you can add this program to the exception list and it won't auto lock if you are using it constantly.

Or there is also an UnlockRunEXE option that will automatically launch an application of your choice by setting some things in the registry. That way you won't have to dig through the interface trying to run the program or worrying that it will close on you.

Just lock and unlock it and your program will initiate.

x10guy 06-20-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c@rL0$ (Post 320694)
With the newer version of S2U2 you can make some registry changes that creates exceptions for programs.

Meaning that you can add this program to the exception list and it won't auto lock if you are using it constantly.

Or there is also an UnlockRunEXE option that will automatically launch an application of your choice by setting some things in the registry. That way you won't have to dig through the interface trying to run the program or worrying that it will close on you.

Just lock and unlock it and your program will initiate.

If I create an Exception in S2U2 for the program I'm running, will it still lock the buttons? Or will it complete remain unlocked?

I basically want to keep the program running and visible while disabling the hardware buttons.

c@rL0$ 06-20-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 320700)
If I create an Exception in S2U2 for the program I'm running, will it still lock the buttons? Or will it complete remain unlocked?

I basically want to keep the program running and visible while disabling the hardware buttons.

It will remain unlocked.This is a simple option that might help you out, unless you know some scripting and do it that through a script.

x10guy 06-20-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c@rL0$ (Post 320708)
It will remain unlocked.This is a simple option that might help you out, unless you know some scripting and do it that through a script.

So creating an exception in S2U2 doesn't really help me...

Thanks to everyone who is suggesting S2U2 but it doesn't look like it will work for this.

c@rL0$ 06-20-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 320727)
So creating an exception in S2U2 doesn't really help me...

Thanks to everyone who is suggesting S2U2 but it doesn't look like it will work for this.

At this point if S2U2 does not work then you will probably need to assign each button to have no action or create a small program or script that does this for you.