PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

weeksan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question newb htc 6800 question

hey everybody.

Okay I consider myself tech savvy, and what not and i will be getting an HTC 6800 (bell, ontario) in a few days (its the best phone I see that bell offers), and am looking into and building a software database for what I want to use.

Now here is my question (if possible ptu in lay-mans terms cuz im a newb at this).

I am downloading NFSFAN's Custom ROM (is this good?)

and I need to know.
What is kitchen, what is radio?
How do I flash this and put it on?

And as for the 6800.. I have heard mixed things. For the most part I have heard it is awesome, but has a bluetooth issue and a battery problem.

Are any of these true or able to be remedied?
Also are there any other complaints to this? Did I make a good choice?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:09 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: newb htc 6800 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksan View Post
hey everybody.

Okay I consider myself tech savvy, and what not and i will be getting an HTC 6800 (bell, ontario) in a few days (its the best phone I see that bell offers), and am looking into and building a software database for what I want to use.

Now here is my question (if possible ptu in lay-mans terms cuz im a newb at this).

I am downloading NFSFAN's Custom ROM (is this good?)

and I need to know.
What is kitchen, what is radio?
How do I flash this and put it on?

And as for the 6800.. I have heard mixed things. For the most part I have heard it is awesome, but has a bluetooth issue and a battery problem.

Are any of these true or able to be remedied?
Also are there any other complaints to this? Did I make a good choice?

Thanks.

I think you made a good choice....I love my phone because it is very easy to customize....the battery and BT issues can be fixed through reg tweaks and custom roms....the rom you are referring to though I have never heard of....I have flahed my phone at least 100 times and used the roms from this forum....the only downfall on this phone in my eyes is the free memory....they could have done better on that...a kitchen is where you can pick your rom and add OEM's of your choice to your liking....there are many tutorials on here to help you....please read if you get stuck on something just post it in the correct forum by also reading......ther are many helpful folks on here that are willing to help.....most of us were all newbs at 1 time or another...read and read more...it is very beneficial for upgrading your phone....everything you need answered is right here at PPCGeeks....and search and search more....happy upgrading...its addicting...lol....

Last edited by flyers2114; 06-21-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

weeksan is a n00b

hey there,

THanks.

I was reffering to this rom.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=6800+rom

Now please dont hate me but I cant seem to figure out on this forum (I pa-rused it all day yesterday) where I start from point a to point b.
I also want something to imge it so if it needs warranty work... well ya know,
Old 06-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

weeksan is a n00b

I just found out that was a touch rom, so now I have no idea what to get.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksan View Post
I just found out that was a touch rom, so now I have no idea what to get.
Yep....I was about to tell you that....if you ever need to have work just flash back to stock...the links are located at the top of the Titan upgrade forum.

Try out any of these for your phone.....I think since you are just starting the Kitchen would be your best bet.....download Build OS on your PC....after it DL's it will ask for your username and password....use the username from this site but make sure you use a new password....then happy cooking!!!! You can play in there quite a bit and customize the way you like it....

You can DL Build OS fro here....

http://ppckitchen.org/joomla/index.p...page&Itemid=55

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan