PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Phone sends random texts after soft reset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29679)

Jose0679 06-19-2008 12:38 PM

Phone sends random texts after soft reset

I apologize if this has been discussed, but I couldnt find it. Has anyone had any issues with their phone re-sending random texts after you do a soft reset. Mine seems to do it every single time, and then I get the person asking me wtf am i talking about. Cause it could be a text from a few days ago and they forgot the convo. Any help would be appreciated

rainfreak 06-19-2008 12:42 PM

Re: Phone sends random texts after soft reset

It would help if you gave more details. Are you using a stock or custom rom? Either way, which version of the rom are you using? Have you installed any third party messaging or contact apps?

Let me know and I will see if I can help you figure this out...

Knether 06-19-2008 12:48 PM

I have the same issue with my Touch. I use SMS chat.

And Sometimes I'll send a text from like 3 or 4 days ago after a soft reset.

I'm not sure if it's something related to SMS chat or not.

I'm using the "Olmost OEM 6.1 Rom" for the Touch.

LLado 06-19-2008 12:55 PM

Jose

Yes I had this same problem once. I dont know what caused it becaue I have a Stock Rom. Basically what is happening is your phone thinks that the msg was never sent. So it keeps attempting to send it. Its the same msg over and over. But its self duplicating on the receiving end. So you basically have to catch the msg and delete. This is how you do it.

1st disable your radio by activation Airplane mode. Your phone will still attempt to send the text but this time it wont go out. Instead the phone will give you an error msg stating that your text could not be sent and it will put the Text in your draft folder. 2nd Go into your draft folder and delete the msg.

3rd Come back to this forum and let me know if that worked. If it did please tip my scale. lol, No in all seriouness that should work for you. I have never had the problem since. Let me know.

Jose0679 06-19-2008 01:22 PM

Thanks for the tips....I am currently running the stock rom 3.35. I have not installed any third party messenging apps. I currently do have MS Live Search, jamesus quickmenu, Nomessagnesenthack, PocketCM contacts, SPB Finance, SPB skins, Resco registry add-in, ftp add-in and resco explorer.

I will try putting the phone in airplane mode before doing the soft reset so that it I can catch the text before it goes out. Thanks...

superevilllama 06-19-2008 01:27 PM

em.. well personal expierience... If my phone has crashed and I have something in drafts, it appears to send those on the next reboot. So, that would explain its something from a previous conversation or maybe only have a sentence or so. Next time it happens, try to disable your phone via comm manager really quick as soon as it comes up and see if u have anything in drafts. or check your sent messages to see what it sent.

Jose0679 06-19-2008 01:36 PM

Just an update.....I uninstalled PocketCM contacts and it did a soft reset. So far so good, no random texts where sent. I will monitor and update if it changes. Now if I can just figure out why I have duplicate letters being added when i text and keys not responding Ill be alright.

Thanks to all for the tips and suggestions.

MstaCDLite 06-19-2008 05:00 PM

What if the drafts for says 1 unread, but there is nothing in there? Where is the message?

Jose0679 06-19-2008 06:37 PM

Thats a known issue with the mogul. Its the phantom text message. Theres a reg fix for it on this forum

LLado 06-20-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose0679 (Post 319568)
Just an update.....Now if I can just figure out why I have duplicate letters being added when i text and keys not responding Ill be alright.

Thanks to all for the tips and suggestions.

Hey Jose

Im having this same problem but yet no solution. This happens a lot when I use the slide out key board. I get a lot of double letters. Its almost like the Keys are too sensetive at times. But its not consistent. It only happens half the time. Is this what is happening to you? If you ever figure it out please let me know. PM me.

Thanks